The Guitar Player Thread.

rick81721

Lothar
I gotta get back into playing guitar but have started a 2 step program - first is getting keyboard chops back. Been practicing 1 hr a day the last 2 weeks, getting there. I'd post a video once i get a few tunes down pat but don't think anyone wants to hear Beet-oven.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I'm thinking about getting a simple looper to have some accompaniment, and also get a little creative. Thinking of either the Ditto X2 or Boss RC-1. Any recommendations?

I have the Boss RC-30 and love it. Don't have any experience with the RC-1 but I'm sure it's quality. With the RC-30 I can save up to 99 loops and/or 3 hours I think?. Metronome and some simple built-in drum samples built in. Great pedal. A bit on the expensive side but I'm sure the Rc-1 is damn good as well. I know a few people with the RC-1 that use it for solo acoustic gigs.

I also have a Line6 Dl4. It's primarily a delay modeler but has a looper built in. Awesome pedal but perhaps more than you need.

MikeyBikey2000

Rest in Peace Allan Holdsworth. Spent the early 80's transcribing, learning his chords and solos. Crazy, beautiful stuff. Had to pull out one of the old arrangements of one of his tunes. Thank you Allan for all the inspiration.

Well done on the SG.. a tribute to Allan's early days!

MMuller

I sorta butchered it. Hands too small (smaller than Holdsworth, yet larger than Trumps). I have a red 1985 Charvel that I bought back then because Allan was using at the time I used to go see him.
Song is a bitch to play, SG is easy to play so opted for that for this song. Thanks for listening and see you in the woods.

MMuller

Well look at that, he did play an SG. You can here his earlier raw tone and funny to hear 1st part of solo, he's trying his hardest to play bluesy pentatonic (even bends a note! What?) then he says "F it, I'm gonna play like me" and off he goes.

MikeyBikey2000

Well look at that, he did play an SG. You can here his earlier raw tone and funny to hear 1st part of solo, he's trying his hardest to play bluesy pentatonic (even bends a note! What?) then he says "F it, I'm gonna play like me" and off he goes.

Whaddya think, I don't know what I'm talking about?? lol

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another revisitation of a recording I made not long ago only to make it a little better.

Having fun doing the actual playing outside on my deck with the amplifiers and mics inside. Why Not?

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrote and recorded this tune over the weekend. There are times where I toy with riffs or chord changes for months until they turn in to something. This one just kind of came together in one Sunday morning.

Wish I had a Dobro and knew how to play it. I can hear dobro parts in this one.

MMuller

Wrote and recorded this tune over the weekend. There are times where I toy with riffs or chord changes for months until they turn in to something. This one just kind of came together in one Sunday morning.

Wish I had a Dobro and knew how to play it. I can hear dobro parts in this one.

send me the track. I'll add dobro, no sweat. Maybe even some Carson mando!

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wrote this tune almost 20 years ago. I vividly remember being a Sophomore in high school. Re-recorded it this morning before heading out to ride. (I think there's a shitty iPhone camera recording of it a few pages back.)

Even after 20 years I never came up with a name for it so I just call it "Threes and Fours", because it's in 3/4 time.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My cousin is pretty big in the jazz scene in Portland, Oregon. Spent 8 years in college with 4 years in between NYC jazz clubs. Apparently he also has a huge following in Spain where Jazz is still king.

Here's his group

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrote this funky mofo on the bass and let the guitar and organs fill in the blanks. I have a propensity to play really busy bass lines some times but try to keep it in the pocket, until it drops out.

jackx

I wrote this tune almost 20 years ago. I vividly remember being a Sophomore in high school. Re-recorded it this morning before heading out to ride. (I think there's a shitty iPhone camera recording of it a few pages back.)

Even after 20 years I never came up with a name for it so I just call it "Threes and Fours", because it's in 3/4 time.

Great composition! it's also cool how you include video of you playing and also video of your dog on the tv.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love recording tunes on my deck outside!

Here's a jazzy(ish) tune inspired by my commute - that time of day when my brain drifts in to LaLa land. Not the type of LaLa land that causes accidents of course. Lots of impressionistic visuals to reinforce the frame of mind.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think anyone even looks here but as long as I keep creating content, I may as well keep posting it...

Instrumental song I wrote last week inspired by Daft Punk and Steely Dan. An unlikely combination but both bands happened to be in heavy rotation last week. Naturally I drew some inspiration.

Having some fun with synthesizers on this one too.

Pause Resume

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Playing my git-box(s) in the late evening under one of my apple trees. Whenever a light breeze comes through, they start falling. It seems like a few hundred a day end up in the grass. I need to start wearing a helmet.

Thought I saw a bear at the very end there so I vanished abruptly.

20616764_10213714846202381_6037124228667567590_o.jpg

Top Bottom