The Guitar Player Thread.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Pat why'd you leave your potato chips on that nice table?

exactly - those are the wall anchors that came with the mounts.
giphy.gif

EJphotos

I like the black LP Custom the best.out of all of them. But wood put the pickup covers and pick guard back on.

giff06

Just an FYI for all you traveling acoustic players that as of Jan. 1st all rosewood has been added to the CITES list of restricted species. If you do not travel world wide with your guitar it means nothing. If you do you need the same Passport for your guitar that is required for Brazilian Rosewood, Elephant tusk etc. Heres a link to a Fretboard Journal podcast on the subject:

https://www.fretboardjournal.com/podcast/podcast-127-cites-rosewood-updates-john-thomas/

Ed

EJphotos

Just an FYI for all you traveling acoustic players that as of Jan. 1st all rosewood has been added to the CITES list of restricted species. If you do not travel world wide with your guitar it means nothing. If you do you need the same Passport for your guitar that is required for Brazilian Rosewood, Elephant tusk etc. Heres a link to a Fretboard Journal podcast on the subject:

https://www.fretboardjournal.com/podcast/podcast-127-cites-rosewood-updates-john-thomas/

Ed

I think there is an exemption for traveling for personal use. Also, I *think* it's only for raw material, and not the finished product?

rick81721

Lothar

Ed

well guess I'll have to cancel my world tour

giff06

Its for finished product like guitars. All rosewood(was just Brazilian), Elephant Ivory etc. You need a "passport" for the instrument. This only affects international travel but without the passport the instrument is confiscated. As Ric said, Its time to reconsider that world tour! Most that have older/vintage instruments already have the paperwork needed but now it will cover new rosewood instruments. I can't imagine mahogany is that far behind.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh hey!

Didn't ride my bike at all this weekend. Blew off everything I had to do and just jammed Saturday and Sunday. Megan called me like 27 times from work while I was balls deep in this groove. She blew my phone to smithereens while it was in the other room. Therefor I call this "Straight To Voicemail"

Channeling the slap happy vibe of Stuart Zendor on this one. Although, I couldn't hold a candle to his bass playing. Growing up, the early stuff Jamiroquai was putting out in the 90's was some of my favorite.

Iv'e upgraded my recording rig from duct tape & staples to caulk & paint, but it's still pretty bush league.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had off today. Actually I have off till Jan 3rd. When it's winter time and there isn't work to do, I'm inspired to play guitar all day. Been working on this new tune for a few weeks. It's In a dropped D tuning. I never play alternate tunings for some reason but should more often. Opens up new possibilities.

The transparent overlay images are all from today's bike ride and also a hike with Megan and Tuck immediately after the ride.

The theme here is how when I'm riding my bike, I'm thinking about song ideas and playing music. Alternately, when I'm playing music I'm drawing inspiration from my time i'm on a bike. I guess it's like a form of sustainable energy.

Also - I actually light my Gibson on fire.

"Headin' out"

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This one really jumps the shark but boy did I have fun!

Wrapping up 2016 like escaping a malfunctioning Tetris game.

Happy New Year every one!

"Loosen the Buckle"

Holy crap you weren't kidding about the Tetris reference:)

Also had an old school original Batman feel to it in the beginning :)

"POW"

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrote this last week while stuck inside sick with the flu. Some finger style acoustic, a few country riffs, slower tempo, lots of reverb and of course I can't record a video without my dog running around somewhere.

Snow Day

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrote this last week while stuck inside sick with the flu. Some finger style acoustic, a few country riffs, slower tempo, lots of reverb and of course I can't record a video without my dog running around somewhere.

Snow Day

NICE...sounded like a Dead influence at like the 2:40 mark on in my ears:)

Top Bottom