The Garbage Heap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I actually liked that one.... not trying to ruffle your feathers... just sayin it was a good one and made me laugh.

Back in the old days when this whole thing started, MTBNJ was really just a board where 10-20 people who sat at a desk all day busted each other's balls. Lots of other people came & went every day, but there was a core of us, and the board was pretty small then. If it were those days, that username would have stuck because there was nobody around to take offense to it. We've grown a bit since then, so we can't let it fly. Between us, I knew you would laugh at it. But it wasn't good long-term, for obvious reasons.

I'm not against goofing on things, I just don't know where that line is. How long after a post is put up can it be fair game for people throwing grenades into it? I tend to let the For Sale stuff go, because it makes the item for sale keep going to the top of the New Posts, which is a good thing. Non-for sale stuff, IDK when it's ok to let it ride.

I don't pretend I know how to steer the ship. But some days I try.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Back in the old days when this whole thing started, MTBNJ was really just a board where 10-20 people who sat at a desk all day busted each other's balls. Lots of other people came & went every day, but there was a core of us, and the board was pretty small then. If it were those days, that username would have stuck because there was nobody around to take offense to it. We've grown a bit since then, so we can't let it fly. Between us, I knew you would laugh at it. But it wasn't good long-term, for obvious reasons.

I'm not against goofing on things, I just don't know where that line is. How long after a post is put up can it be fair game for people throwing grenades into it? I tend to let the For Sale stuff go, because it makes the item for sale keep going to the top of the New Posts, which is a good thing. Non-for sale stuff, IDK when it's ok to let it ride.

I don't pretend I know how to steer the ship. But some days I try.
I hear ya... I am sure its on a different scale but when I was "trying" to run OOS, there were times when I thought to myself how would Norm handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom