The Elusive Water Co. Bear

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally came face to face with the fabled and elusive Water Company Bear. Came around a bend on Halloween Hill and BAM there it was right on the trail. I must admit, It took a great deal of restraint to refrain from shitting my pants. I was not expecting to see that.

I yelled at it "HEY BEAR! SUCK A D***!" And it ran straight through the thorn bushes like a lumbering banshee. It appeared to be more afraid of me than I was of it.

I know you folks up north see em' all the time but here in West Central Jerz, it's extremely rare.

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wasn't able to grab my iPhone in time for a pic but it looked something like this

image.jpg

The Kalmyk

I know a guy who works for Prinova who tags bears in the pine barrens. Im not surprised at all they would be in that area

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know a guy who works for Prinova who tags bears in the pine barrens. Im not surprised at all they would be in that area

I have always wondered why there aren't more here. Im no bear expert but There's plenty of open space and it seems like the perfect environment. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more around here in the coming years.

The Kalmyk

I have always wondered why there aren't more here. Im no bear expert but There's plenty of open space and it seems like the perfect environment. I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing more around here in the coming years.

Yeah more and more they are becoming a fringe animal

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions