The DIY thread - DIYourself

w_b

Garage door spring failure . The fix I made of the original failure lasted almost 4 years. New-old-stock spring restrung and springing. Not much else got accomplished tonight.

Trust me, nobody wants to see pix of my garage.

gtluke

The Moped
remade the scraper on my snowblower.
crazy thing happened, the other night cutting the bolts off with a pneumatic cut off wheel, I gave myself frostbite on my hand. I knew it was cold and super painful but I only had 2 more bolts to go when it got really bad. yesterday the side of my finger was pretty sore, didn't think of it much, then at night in the shower it was screaming. it's still discolored and hurts now. stupid air tools.

i-Khv6Zh4-X2.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the slots in the bar for adjustments are supposed to point to the back of the machine so that the bar cant be pushed off as you drive along . . .

or at least thats how every snowblower iv seen with slots to the edge has been set up.

serviceguy

the slots in the bar for adjustments are supposed to point to the back of the machine so that the bar cant be pushed off as you drive along . . .

or at least thats how every snowblower iv seen with slots to the edge has been set up.

Yes, but than you wouldn't have a pinstriped driveway...

CrankAddictRich

So this isn't current... I did this project last January, but I never shared here just saw this thread and saw the custom Niner that Peezy did.

Here's my custom DSW Allez... it started as a 2015 Allez Comp. I turned it into an S-Works Allez.

This is what it looked like at the start of the project.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I also picked up an all- black, S-Works Tarmac fork, with the steerer cut to match my current fit, the S-Works fork is 91g lighter than the standard Tarmac fork that comes on the DSW Allez.

Here's the frame, clean with S-Works fork. I shed 150g total between the frame and fork. 91g on the fork and 59 grams on the frame.

original.jpg

I dropped the frame off with a friend that owns a body shop for decals and clear coat... this is pre-clear.
original.jpg

and this is after the clear coat.

original.jpg

Hanging parts on it.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Here's the final build. As its pictured, 15.7 pounds. When I swap my summer tires on, it'll drop down to 15.3 pounds.

here's the build list

Frame: Allez DSW
Fork: S-Works Tarmac 11R carbon
Seatpost: Fizik Cyrano R1 carbon
Saddle: Fizik Antares R1 carbon
Stem: Fizik Cyrano R1
Bars: S-Works Aerofly
Bartape: Fizik soft touch
Bar end plugs: Fizik
Bottle cages: Tacx Tao aluminum
Cables: Jagwire Elite Link
Brake Pads: Swiss Stop Black Prince
Brakes: Shimano DA9000
Front Derailleur: Shimano DA9000
Rear Derailleur: Shimano DA9000
Crankset: Shimano DA9000 (50-34)
Bottom Bracket: Praxis
Chain: KMC X11-SL
Shifters: Shimano DA9000
Cassette: Shimano DA9000
Wheels: Yoeleo Superlight SAT C50
Hubs: Yoeleo SL-Pro ceramic
Spokes: Sapin CX Ray
QR Skewer: KCNC Ti
Tubes: Specialized
Tires: Vittoria Pave 25c/27c
Pedals: Shimano DA9000
Garmin Mount: Barfly Fizik

original.jpg

original.jpg

gtluke

The Moped

Yeah this confused me as well, I just copied the old bar I took off which was on that way. I was thinking that initially they designed it to go on your way, but as it grinds down on the drveway you are making the material between the bar and the slot thinner and thinner, so when it's half way worn it just snaps in half. So they spun it around the pinstriping way so that it stays strong as it thins?
That was my thinking. Maybe I'll spin it around next time I have the blower off the tractor.

w_b

Yeah this confused me as well, I just copied the old bar I took off which was on that way. I was thinking that initially they designed it to go on your way, but as it grinds down on the drveway you are making the material between the bar and the slot thinner and thinner, so when it's half way worn it just snaps in half. So they spun it around the pinstriping way so that it stays strong as it thins?
That was my thinking. Maybe I'll spin it around next time I have the blower off the tractor.
ew
@shrpshtr325 is correct, as designed...

w_b

So this isn't current... I did this project last January, but I never shared here just saw this thread and saw the custom Niner that Peezy did[/QUOTE}

love it; among the first parts installed: bottle cages. Got the priorities right.

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

most of them dont have the slots to the edge of the bar, they have an elongated hole, maybe twice as long as it is wide (2 bolt diameters) just enough to allow adjustment if you bend the houseing or the bar over time you can keep the edge straight across the driveway, i have never actually seen one wear that far that the holes break through to the edge, you also get a chance to flip the bar around to double the time before you need to buy a new one if you get a slotted bar instead of a toothed bar like you have.

gtluke

The Moped
most of them dont have the slots to the edge of the bar, they have an elongated hole, maybe twice as long as it is wide (2 bolt diameters) just enough to allow adjustment if you bend the houseing or the bar over time you can keep the edge straight across the driveway, i have never actually seen one wear that far that the holes break through to the edge, you also get a chance to flip the bar around to double the time before you need to buy a new one if you get a slotted bar instead of a toothed bar like you have.

hahaha ooops! looks like mine was just worn the hell out! should have looked up a new one so I knew it was crazy worn out. My old one is less than in inch thick, my home made one is 1.5" and I bet this one is 2"
Doh, oh well, next time.

05UZNzH.png

CrankAddictRich

love it; among the first parts installed: bottle cages. Got the priorities right...

hahaha... well, some of the stuff was a carryover from the previous build. Craig at Hb Cranford did most of the build and it was just easier for me to transport the frame and parts to him with as much of it on the bike as I could put on myself, as opposed to a box with a ton of random things that came off the original bike.

Top Bottom