The DIY thread - DIYourself

rlb

I went with Chinese Amazon under cabinet set-up with a quality power supply. 4" recessed lot lights with 3k LEDs, matches the cab light. Doesn't match the hood light such is like 5k and looks weird

What PS did you use?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This is from steaming off the old glue? What are you putting down? If someone is laying the floor for you I'd check with them.

putting down hardwood - i know i know, not in the kitchen. but i even had a wood flooring guy come in and say "i never tell people to put wood in their kitchen, but if you put anything but wood in your kitchen, it just wouldn't be right".

i have let it dry plenty - checked with the floor manufacturer - i'm good with moisture level.

when i went to move my kitchen light i found a new weird thing. i will post it up when i get home.

Reactions: rlb

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
putting down hardwood - i know i know, not in the kitchen. but i even had a wood flooring guy come in and say "i never tell people to put wood in their kitchen, but if you put anything but wood in your kitchen, it just wouldn't be right".

i have let it dry plenty - checked with the floor manufacturer - i'm good with moisture level.

when i went to move my kitchen light i found a new weird thing. i will post it up when i get home.
We took up tiles to put down hardwood in the kitchen. Had to go with thin boards because of transitions and they have held up well. Just keep a mat under the cat/dog's water bowl.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
wood in kitchen is fine - just accept that it is a high traffic area, and will need refinishing.
or just move.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
So here's my new finding. I was punching holes in the sheet rock for boxes for my new fancy-dansy lights. And I found not a joist, but a plank of wood...

Is it stabilizing the joists?IMG_0757.JPG

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
i'm looking at that, and thinking it was used as a backer for a repair in the area????

Ok - makes sense. I have to pop off a large area of the ceiling anyway. It's right under my upstairs bathroom, so I assume the leak I have experienced is not the first leak this bathroom had.

rlb

According to this thread my kitchen has been back in commission for about 4.5 months, so I figured today would be good time to install some handles and adjust the door on the sink base I replaced. Just stole the ones from the old cabinet, so at least they'll match the shitty style of all the existing handles.

IMG_20170617_161630.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's a pump I can use for draining a pool of water such as this:

I can get electricity there. I have one of these:

b8c16d6a-3cfc-4dc5-ab96-1ba3c36581e6_1.b585586539fb0b13b64cbe647623bd73.jpeg

Once I drain it, what's a tool I can use to take out all the sludge from a 2x2 feet square hole about 4ft deep?

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
if you can borrow a macerating pump, it may clear the sludge...
otherwise any generic small sump pump - i have one, i use to drain the water from the top of the pool cover that has a connection for a garden hose. not sure how to get it to you.

scoop out sludge with Ladle?
514nKqL33YL._SX355_.jpg

There are gas powered pumps if your battery pack isn't big enough.

google cleaning sludge from bottom of sump pit......

ktmrider

What's a pump I can use for draining a pool of water such as this:

I can get electricity there. I have one of these:

b8c16d6a-3cfc-4dc5-ab96-1ba3c36581e6_1.b585586539fb0b13b64cbe647623bd73.jpeg

Once I drain it, what's a tool I can use to take out all the sludge from a 2x2 feet square hole about 4ft deep?

i have one you can use

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

jnos

That home depot pump should work. When you are done with it, throw it in a 5 gallon bucket of water to clean out any sludge that gets stuck in the pump.

Patrick

Staff member
power snake is the way to go for clearing the drain.

post hole digger - not way to go - get a long handle shovel and bend the end to do the scoop job you need

you'll need a pump, a hose, and a way to connect them.
don't use a garden hose, too small for any real work - they sell a flex hose just for this.

you are going to need real power tho - these things are 1/2 hp . will draw 10 amps.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Wayne-1-...stic-Submersible-Utility-Pump-VIP50/100034817
http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-1-2-in-Discharge-Hose-Kit-66000-WYN1/100119536

should do it.

Top Bottom