The DIY thread - DIYourself

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a guy who comes and takes away your scrap metal. Yes you should meet him he looks just as you would expect.
Thanks-
I'm looking forward to meeting George of George's salvage.
I think I have a mortgage payment scattered about the yard.
Or at least some OH.

ChrisRU

@rlb, thanks for the reco on those boxes. I picked up a set of the ceiling fan rated ones and they were perfect.
download_20170516_085146.jpg

Question:
Can anyone tell me a good place to shop for rough sawn lumber? I'm trying to find a plank or two that is a close-ish match for the timber beams in my house.

Reactions: rlb

dmkalemba

Question:
Can anyone tell me a good place to shop for rough sawn lumber? I'm trying to find a plank or two that is a close-ish match for the timber beams in my house.[/QUOTE]

Check out Boards and Beams in Fairfield... http://www.woodboardsandbeams.com/ ... I had bought some rough sawn Poplar for a project a few years ago.. had them build a custom slab table as well.. they were pretty cool..

(edit... and I am in Towaco too !! hi neighbor...)

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
nice, where's that?
you should have picked up Rich's sailboat for that slip
Lake Lenape in Andover.
And we passed on a sailboat that came with the place- my nautical skills are better suited to kayaks and other oar powered vessels.

gtluke

The Moped
don't buy a Samsung, I actually like the better stuff that GE sells
you need to narrow down French, side by side, and depth choices
after that it's a lot easier

French, full depth. 32"
Really I just need to pick a brand but they all seem to be horrible

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Someone pick a fridge for me. 36" wide, stainless. I hate shopping
bigchill_largefridge_3q_turquoise.jpg

ChrisRU

Aren't appliances disposable these days? Buy something with the features you want and hope you get 10 years out of it?

When we shopped for our second fridge it was crazy. I did a little research then just gave up and went to the store and picked one. Slight differences across dozens of models. I bought the one with the most freezer space because we were initially only looking to get a freezer, extra fridge space was a bonus.

rlb

Happy with my LG so far though we've only had it a few months. Ice maker capacity could be more and the water dispenses from an odd spot (i.e., on your hand the first time you or your guests use it). But other than that the food stays cold.

https://thd.co/1qkkkOc

Top Bottom