The DIY thread - DIYourself

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
oh, also.
Kitchen window:
i-MN7BphC-X2.jpg

I have the new window tacked in there for now.
neighbor dude says I shouldn't bother with all the window pan and tape/sealant stuff. I tend to agree, the old window didn't have it and there was zero rot since 1959. It's under a large even and behind brick.

put some tar paper over it, and up the sides, tuck under the top. don't think you need to use that nasty window pan flex flashing.....
@ktmrider @mattybfat what say you?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My workend- pulled up about 600 sqft of wall to wall to expose some nice old pine. Should clean up pretty well, though I expect it will still have plenty of character.

Before:
IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6633.JPG IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6671.JPG

During:
IMG_6700.JPG IMG_6702.JPG

After:
IMG_6711.JPG IMG_6712.JPG IMG_6713.JPG IMG_6716.JPG

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Those floors could be awesome , did you kneel on a tack strip yet ? It's a lovely feeling
put palm down on one to get up.....also a winner.

now that you are a pro, you can meet me tomorrow to pull up a few k^2

Fortunately skipped both those joys this time, but I have had those experiences.

And yeah, am now pro. Funny how quickly you can figure out the right way of doing things and hit a rhythm.
First 2 stairs I did completely ass backwards (staples to tack), probably took as long as it did to do the rest of the case.

serviceguy

Aaaand like that!
i-sZwMFnz-X2.jpg

i-RRTLtHk-XL.jpg

Nice cabinets, I really like the layout of the kitchen too. Where did you source them? Not sure if you mentioned it before.

The renovation of the Ringwood cabin can no longer qualify for the DYI thread, 4 months and 3 general contractors later I no longer own any kitchen floor /walls (nor a dining room one). Already had a couple of arguments with the current general contractor about the job done so far, the budget has ballooned almost 4 times over the original but we should be in the cabinet purchasing phase soon (need to have a kitchen floor and walls for that).

Not even sure if moving by the end of the month is an obtainable goal anymore.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
New grill for Mothers' Day. Cause that is how she rolls.
Spread the parts, put the @W1f3 on the instructions, and spotting, the @kid and me on assembly.
Less than 1.5 hours from uncrating to overed. My kid likes to swear at most mechanical endeavors. this was no exception.

View attachment 51548
View attachment 51547
(lawn not cut on diagonal in this section, but deck boards are!)

I think you could use a few more chairs.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Top Bottom