The Day Of The Groundhog

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That is a nice weight trend.
Saw this at
Valley forge. No joinery but flawless finish.

image.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
first glance, i thought you cut through 6MR!

nice loop - i may need to so the math to figure out how many pedal strokes that was.....

bigW

first glance, i thought you cut through 6MR!

nice loop - i may need to so the math to figure out how many pedal strokes that was.....

Big plug for creating routes on Strava.

Awesome roads the whole way if not the most direct route, spent 35 seconds creating/loading both routes.

No reverse route feature in Strava so it gave slightly different routes coming/going.

Canal Rd is being paved the north portion is awesome, the south was still gravel.

Rt 72 unto LBI sucks big time. No shoulder at all and 50 mph cars just off my elbow.

All good.

W

bigW

@soundz it's gay, I promise to get you up to speed:)

I just added it when I changed my chainring from 34t to 36t. Got tired with getting stabbed in the ankle by the useless big chainring. I went for cheap and for some reason it says 50t on the bash guard ( no teeth ) I would be happier with an equally gay but right sized 46t bash guard but I am not gonna buy another one unless I really need to.

Not sure what the SS hetro option is but I'm ok with that.

W

bigW

Holy crap...you PRd most of the climbs. Nice job. UCI will be inspecting your bike in about 20 minutes or so.
Many of the climbs I would only ride as part of HTT so all I needed to do was be better than the prior two years.

One PR included the Lomasons-Glen downhill that I have ridden quite a few times and where I crashed hard last August. Yesterday was the first time since then that I felt comfortable descending with speed. After today's news I feel a bit sick about the prospect of an accident.

Patrick

Staff member
wrote about that road in the balloon race write-up - smooth, sweeping turns, but all blind.

i couldn't sleep last night thinking about Chris, and how any of us are so close catastrophe.

Last edited:

bigW

Looks as if October means the biking year is over and the long winter of non-stop over eating has just begun. Putting the BIG back in bigW.

Backpacking in Utah ( the state ) in a weeks time, perhaps freeze dried foods will deter the gluttony.

bigW

I think I'm gonna declare Nov 1st as the start of the 2016 season.

As always seems to be the case Sept 1 my biking plummets and the non-stop eating starts. I put the Big back in BigW and winter is not even started. Hoping to hit the gym as part of the off season routine ( strength and core )

Top Bottom