The Best Mud Tires?

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
No passes...

..it's just that i guess i don't realize how much exercise i get in the span of any normal day.It can't wrap my head around these bsmt trainers, and don't worry, I'll try my best to shut Norm down in the first turn and blast away like he's standing still the next time i see him.Or maybe he'll do that to me and I'll be happy either way.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
jerk.

at least my mud tires will be better than yours.

i don't care, i'm going with what every left coaster on mtbr says and buying the panaracers...and neither you nor your 100s of real world riding miles on NJ trails are gonna stop me!!! :D

btw what do you do to get all this 'every day exercise'?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
oh...

spaceballs2.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sir, don't you think we're taking this a bit too literally?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Tires, tires, tires ....

For me, tires got to shed in the mud. Anything that could possilbly hook up too well, will turm into a mud slick in no time if it can not shed.

Since Hutchinson stopped making mosquitos, I have been running Kenda Nevagal for wet conditions. So far they have been quite good, but I have not run them in clay. IMO, when things get that wet, I try to ride the road and save the bike and the trails.

Keep your eyes on Vredestein. They have a new line this year, and are known for good wet condition tires. I'll try to check them out and post a review.

pixy

For me, tires got to shed in the mud. Anything that could possilbly hook up too well, will turm into a mud slick in no time if it can not shed.

Since Hutchinson stopped making mosquitos, I have been running Kenda Nevagal for wet conditions. So far they have been quite good, but I have not run them in clay. IMO, when things get that wet, I try to ride the road and save the bike and the trails.

Keep your eyes on Vredestein. They have a new line this year, and are known for good wet condition tires. I'll try to check them out and post a review.

pixy

thanks, pixy. I have started to take a closer look at the Nevegals, especially since they are available tubeless.

Thank you for bringing the thread back around to the topic at hand.

Shaggz

A strong 7
JGR:

fwiw, these are recommendations by shiggy (uber tire gurur on mtbr) for mud tires:

Bonty Mud X (tubeless ready) -- mudder that is good in the dry
Panaracer TrailRaker UST -- best mudder, OK in the dry
Hutchinson Spider Tubeless -- best most-conditions tire than works in the mud

walter

Fourth Party
that guy has like 55,000 posts and like 6,347 tires, when the hell does he have time to ride. He is also in oregon, so while Im sure he has mud, overall conditions may be different

Shaggz

A strong 7
in that mud-tire post, someone commented that "x" was the perfect tire for west coast mud. his response was (paraphrasing) that there were 10 different classifications of mud within a 75 miles radius of his home. walter, i would have to agree with your statement.

Top Bottom