The Beer Phenomenon

Roadie

I dont have a problem with a small brewery cashing in and I undersrsnd why they may want to. I admit that that I do lose a bit of interest when a small mom & pop type operation goes corporate whether it is a brewery, winery, restaurant etc.

qclabrat

I try not to think about it too much. Why question a good thing? Over examining, staticizing, etc... ich. It's great beer, we have access to lots of it.....STFU and drink it.

:)
that's cause you have 10 cases, yes I'm jelly

qclabrat

I dont have a problem with a small brewery cashing in and I undersrsnd why they may want to. I admit that that I do lose a bit of interest when a small mom & pop type operation goes corporate whether it is a brewery, winery, restaurant etc.
like goose island? It's still light years above the bud and heiny they offer on the long planes rides. I've been so much happier the last two years while traveling with Unitrd

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I think it's akin to wine snobbery. Let's see these "experts" try beers blind and see what they really think - it's a self-induced scam :popcorn:

there is some price signaling, nothing like wine. - considering that 750ml->25.3 oz, getting into a bottle of wine that costs
less than $10 could be risky.

most of the "good" beers are in the $3-$4.50 per 16oz can range right now. specialties run higher (oscar blues barrel-aged ten fidy $16/21oz can.)

while i can sit down and drink a gallon of this stuff, i try not to!

its interesting, because price points for 750ml beers or 22oz bombers were coming up nicely, then just got
hammered by these mobile canning outfits - the beer is better, and costs less.

as a comparison, look at the Allagash line. Fantastic beer - but it has a price point that is twice/thrice as much as the ones coming out of OH, or Carton.
gotta pay for the distribution? One of the philly based brewers was doing "very limited, very high price" wait in line stuff last year.
Not sure where that logic is going, more of a statement - they are making some coin, but they are making good beer.

Top Bottom