The Base-In-Your-Face Online Winter Race

your trophy will be ready on friday - you at the shop on sat?

Yep!! Thanks for putting up with us through all this Dave :D

-Jim.

PS-My goal of hitting 3K by the 20th still stands so don't lock this thread just yet, I still have a few more miles to put in...

Congratulations Jim! contest or not, That is an impressive amount of riding!

and...Thanks again Dave!

Sorry Mr Turtle, lol. I guess you missed this:

updated

updated

updated

congrats! no flats! updated

updated. on board with the cold.

not a bad idea. honestly, if it was going to be 20 degrees with 5 feet of snow guaranteed i say let's continue on. but's its like spring right now and looks like it generally will be, and it's obvious interest has dropped off the cliff. i don't mind continuing to update stuff, but i think we should off it. plus mike and i still have yet to get together to finish the trophy, so that'll make me find time to do that this week and complete it.

so...

LET IT BE KNOWN: OFFICIAL LAST DAY OF THE ONLINE RACE: MARCH 1ST.

and updated.

say what!!!!

but in order to pull out the victory I planned to ride 21 straight mountain bike centuries, in the snow, at night through 7 different parks.

now, I've been denied the dream.

The weather this morning matched my mood.

Ride
Dark
Precip
Work

Guess I will officially affect the deez nuts award for this contest.

Ride, work. 2 points.

Jim.

updated. congrats again. i'm with mike - you did a seriously impressive amount of riding already!

The weather this morning matched my mood.

Ride
Dark
Precip
Work

Guess I will officially affect the deez nuts award for this contest.
haha - updated. i still gotta figure out what to do with this beer. jim doesn't drink, and you don't drink. i'll have no problem cracking it myself :D

... but i really should pass it to the first drinker on the list, unless you guys want it. it's a killer beer, but not for the non-beer drinker.

2 for the ride and time, 1 for work, and 2 for the precip. updated.

My last ride of the race. One hour. 1/2 on dirt, 1/2 on road. add rain and park bonus (?)

Found little park in Kendal park that had a few trails that looked like they had not been ridden in years. But there was a little sandy spot with some jump possibilities. It was fun. Dont worry, we took it easy to make sure no damage was done. Place was small and we took it easy, then hubby took me on a road tour since he grew up in that area.

Thanks Dave for the online race and keeping it all up to date. It was fun and did help to motivate me.

updated. congrats again. i'm with mike - you did a seriously impressive amount of riding already!

haha - updated. i still gotta figure out what to do with this beer. jim doesn't drink, and you don't drink. i'll have no problem cracking it myself :D

... but i really should pass it to the first drinker on the list, unless you guys want it. it's a killer beer, but not for the non-beer drinker.

2 for the ride and time, 1 for work, and 2 for the precip. updated.

I'll take the beer ;)

Last hoorah.

2 for 2 hours.
1 for work.
2 for rain.

5 points total. File...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/153961030

Again, thanks for playing and especially thanks to Dave for keeping us in check :D

Contest totals.

Progress Summary Report for jim29er

Count:60 Activities
Distance:2,450.67 mi
Time:161:35:12 h:m:s
Elevation Gain:137,776 ft
Avg Speed:15.2 mph
Avg HR:128 bpm
Calories:76,855 C

I donate my beer to you, I think you've earned it more than I have!!

-Jim.

Last edited:
damnit, i thought yesterday was the last day things counted. i could have killed me some points today and hit a 100. :(

Last update- So long and thanks for all the fish

First off, thanks Dave for running this fiasco-
It's been fun.
If I see you on the trails, post-ride beers are on me.

This has been a motivator for me-
Logged about 700 miles for the past 2 months, after sitting out December on IR (stitches- thank you RW).
I've dropped about 10 lbs, my wife says I look younger, I was in good shape to enjoy vacation, and I can dunk a basketball*

So my last additions are:

Last night- a quick 2 hours before dinner
All dark, all wet.
6 points

And today:
Ride in
1-ride
1-2nd hour
1-dark
2-rain
1-work

Ride home
1- ride
2- hours 2&3
2- 2 units of dark
2-50-mile bonus
2- precip? I had about 30 minutes of on/off rain when I started out. I'll leave that to the judges.

So that's 19 or 21 depending on the ruling.

(*on an 8' rim- but then again, I pretty much always could).

Final posts.

Last Saturday: 2:15 on the road.
2 time
1 cold
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/153374352

Tuesday:
2hr road
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/153548270
2points
1 dark

Last night
2hr road
2 points
1 dark

So 9 more total.

Since the 12/23

Rides: 56
Distance 1047
time 99hrs

65 hrs and 550 miles on the mountain bike....last year in this same time period it was 21hrs and 150mi

Dave, thanks again for hanging in there though all of this sillyness! Nice work!

Contest wrap up

Thanks Dave.

The real work is just beginning now; but let's see if this is enough so far to start murdering fools.

The little 2 week interruption put a dent, but not too bad.

PHP:
 Activity Type		Count		Distance		Time
 Road Cycling		36		        1,382.85		86:22:54
 Skating		         5			                         7:30:00
 Mountain Biking		 3		           38.54		 6:04:33
 Strength Training	 3 				                 2:45:00
 Indoor Cycling		 1				                 1:21:59
 Summary		         48		         1,433.39	      104:04:25

Congrats to Jim again. I dropped off the trophy today. Congrats everyone and thanks for playing!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330811051.637262.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330811051.637262.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for running this mess. It was fun and it definitely got me out a few more times that I would have without it.

Back
Top Bottom