The Amusement Bike Park

So, one up oval...done. I'm going with a better brand for sure. The bolts I bought are raceface. I'm just shopping around trying to find the sales. Theres an e thirteen for like under 30 after shipping. Are they any good?

I had an e13 dropper on my YT. It was junk. I also have the e13 9-46T cassette. It's ok. Some people hate them but it works for me. I have the same range as Eagle but in 11 gears. It's light, too. I would describe it as more than good if it was a little more durable. The aluminum section wears out fairly quickly. I think you'll be ok with e13.

For some reason I was imagining you ordering from ali express or something. Not sure why I thought that.:shrug:

I had an e13 dropper on my YT. It was junk. I also have the e13 9-46T cassette. It's ok. Some people hate them but it works for me. I have the same range as Eagle but in 11 gears. It's light, too. I would describe it as more than good if it was a little more durable. The aluminum section wears out fairly quickly. I think you'll be ok with e13.

For some reason I was imagining you ordering from ali express or something. Not sure why I thought that.:shrug:
Nah, but I did get a super cheap off brand chainring. But I think it's failure was due to my not threading enough bolt into it. Would probably happen no matter what brand. I have nice long bolts now.

Where do you guys like to buy suits? I might be interviewing for a tech firm in the finance industry in the financial district in NY, so I want a fancy new suit. Yes, I know a city job will likely mean less riding...but maybe better bike?
After the phone interview and setting up the in person one, I was told by HR specifically that there is no need to dress in a suit. I still went with a jacket and tie. I got the job. The guy that showed up in jeans and plain shirt, I never saw him again. It was an all day interview with 8 people, each one for less than an hour, and lunch. When asked why I dressed the way that I did, I responded that it was out of respect for the people and organization for taking the time to speak with me.
Showing respect when not required goes a long way.

After the phone interview and setting up the in person one, I was told by HR specifically that there is no need to dress in a suit. I still went with a jacket and tie. I got the job. The guy that showed up in jeans and plain shirt, I never saw him again. It was an all day interview with 8 people, each one for less than an hour, and lunch. When asked why I dressed the way that I did, I responded that it was out of respect for the people and organization for taking the time to speak with me.
I'm gonna steal that line. I always go to an in person in a suit. This included my music industry jobs where people wear sweatpants if they feel like it.

I'm gonna steal that line. I always go to an in person in a suit. This included my music industry jobs where people wear sweatpants if they feel like it.
If someone hands you their business card, take the time to look at it, in front of them. Even go as far to ask the proper way to pronounce their name (unless it is simple like Smith or Hong). Don't just stuff it in your pocket, hold it in front of yourself as they speak with you. At the end of their time with you and after they shake your hand, then put it in your shirt pocket.
There are so many head games in interviews. This one was years ago; the lunch part was at a place with alcohol. When the drink order was taken, one company guy ordered a beer. When it was my turn I asked for soda. When asked why, (team player vs not) I said I have to speak with my son's teacher later that day and didn't want alcohol on my breath.
They also look to make sure all of your answers are consistent, no matter who you are speaking with and how the interviewer leads your answers.

Agree with this 100%

If someone hands you their business card, take the time to look at it, in front of them. Even go as far to ask the proper way to pronounce their name (unless it is simple like Smith or Hong). Don't just stuff it in your pocket, hold it in front of yourself as they speak with you. At the end of their time with you and after they shake your hand, then put it in your shirt pocket.
There are so many head games in interviews. This one was years ago; the lunch part was at a place with alcohol. When the drink order was taken, one company guy ordered a beer. When it was my turn I asked for soda. When asked why, (team player vs not) I said I have to speak with my son's teacher later that day and didn't want alcohol on my breath.
They also look to make sure all of your answers are consistent, no matter who you are speaking with and how the interviewer leads your answers.
These little bit extras are amazing. Thanks so much! I need to make sure I can represent them with the conservative old school finance clients. These little things will go a long way. I know a good little bit about interviewing and people skills, but these small formalities are really great especially if noticed.

I know you mentioned oval wasn't sure if you were serious but a good price

Absolute Black Oval
$34 for a chainring
CG4egHUWcAEZTuB.png

What!?!? $34 for a chainring when you can get a perfectly working one for pennies on the dollar from China? Nonsense!

View attachment 96941

A functioning chainring ? $34. Walk of shame due to cheap ChinaExpress chainring? Priceless!
For your information, the problem here was the bolts being too short.
The chainring was perfectly fine. Please... know your facts before making such an insulting comment.

For your information, the problem here was the bolts being too short.
The chainring was perfectly fine

The problem was the stress fracture at the base of the spacer due to poor machining of the chain ring, the longer bolts prevent the shearing force to be applied to the spacer and chain ring in opposite directions. BTW, did the bolt shrink after you installed them? How didn't you see that coming?

I do think bolt length was the issue. Especially since its a 30t so its a thin threaded external spacing. If they were threaded through there wouldn't have been as much stress on that outter part of the ring.

The problem was the stress fracture at the base of the spacer due to poor machining of the chain ring, the longer bolts prevent the shearing force to be applied to the spacer and chain ring in opposite directions. BTW, did the bolt shrink after you installed them? How didn't you see that coming?
Stress fracture? You act as if you were there. Please

Back
Top Bottom