The Amusement Bike Park

qclabrat

Comp sci with an mba. I was a developer in a lab environment. Proof of concept, and proof of feasibility stuff. Did some cool stuff, and some serious privacy invasion.
This is a great movie, though it does question ethical behavior
p163183_v_v8_ai.jpg

qclabrat

Was it Government work ?
Think it was one of those jobs where he'd have to kill you afterwards. Know someone undercover in Homeland security and I haven't seen him for 20 years. We still swap Xmas cards but it's through a PO box, his kids look just like him, though he's not allowed to take pictures and share.

qclabrat

Yeah. I was thinking, since I'll have the grips and stuff off when doing the conversion tomorrow, it couldn't hurt to take a little off the bars and see how it feels. I haven't maxed out my fork, so I was also thinking of taking out a little air and seeing if I noticed any difference. I have the rebound in the middle and might start just doing a click in either direction while riding and trying to notice some of the differences. I'm typically more focused on trying to keep myself loose and take good lines that I don't really think of that stuff much while I'm out.

Wow, I'm just thinking how different riding has become for me since I started in October. Riding loose just feels so amazing. I still really need to work on turning. It's just still not comfortable at speed. Think I need to pick up that beefy front tire if for nothing else but a confidence booster.
We didn't get to do that turning skills clinic at Harts. Keep the bars wide, till you are sure. Plenty of shorter bars out there if you look around. 6mr not that far if you want to ride on Saturday

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yeah. I was thinking, since I'll have the grips and stuff off when doing the conversion tomorrow, it couldn't hurt to take a little off the bars and see how it feels. I haven't maxed out my fork, so I was also thinking of taking out a little air and seeing if I noticed any difference. I have the rebound in the middle and might start just doing a click in either direction while riding and trying to notice some of the differences. I'm typically more focused on trying to keep myself loose and take good lines that I don't really think of that stuff much while I'm out.

Wow, I'm just thinking how different riding has become for me since I started in October. Riding loose just feels so amazing. I still really need to work on turning. It's just still not comfortable at speed. Think I need to pick up that beefy front tire if for nothing else but a confidence booster.
With your Talon... figure out what you like and what you don't like. Then work on what you don't like
Like.... if you have issues turning... mess around with bar width. If you don't feel stable at speeds, don't cut it. Shorter the bar, the bike is going to feel twitchy. If you cut it... there is no going back. Just move your brakes and shifter inboard and see how that feels. If it feels good... then cut it. FYI... trend has been wider is better.
Pick up some stems.... can be pretty cheap used and see which length feels more comfortable. Move headset spacers up and down.

Whatever you learn from setting up your Talon, apply that to the next bike.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Was it Government work ?

it had applications for tracking people down.
telephone call meta-data analysis. to/from/time of day/length of call/day of week and the calling network patterns that develop
even if using burner phones.
govt set up based on some of our proof work (my contribution was that 1.6 billion records could be managed) in 1987

phone co used it for marketing (calling you while eating dinner) FBI used it to find bin Laden....

worked on 100 other things in the gps/geo-mapping space. competitive pricing models, advertising portfolio mgmt.

RobW

telephone call meta-data analysis. to/from/time of day/length of call/day of week and the calling network patterns that develop
govt set up based on some of our proof work (my contribution was that 1.6 billion records could be managed) in 1987

phone co used it for marketing (calling you while eating dinner) FBI used it to find bin Laden....

worked on 100 other things in the gps/geo-mapping space. competitive pricing models, advertising portfolio mgmt.
aka dar adal from homeland- KNEW IT

Mathers

Cool stuff

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I would think it most likely is one piece. I don't think many modern mountain bikes use split housing any more.

qclabrat

shit are we that bored that some are actually waiting on the edge of our seats for this on a Friday night?
I have a midterm to do, have fun Tim, brake a gear

Top Bottom