The Amusement Bike Park

I rode with @Mathers once at the MTBNJ ride at Stephens in February. We just ended up in the same riding group. I remember thinking he was a good rider.

Why do you think I have SLX to sell? Because it was replaced with XT and put on my beater bike. Then I replaced the XT with XTR and put the XT on my beater. Lol. It never ends.
I remember discussing how we both felt like leaving it was so damn cold.

Reactions: Tim
Tbh... there are more to a park than that particular climb or feature. Some are worth it and some are not. I personally would rather conserve the energy for something more fun down the trail.
Lol, why would you think I'm talking about you. Was thinking about our racist pal who rode with us at HM with the fancy car. That's actually a good point. If you are looking to session features, save your energy, it seems effortless when done right. But we OOS need that extra red bull in the tank. E.g., Sourlands

Lol, why would you think I'm talking about you. Was thinking about our racist pal who rode with us at HM with the fancy car. That's actually a good point. If you are looking to session features, save your energy, it seems effortless when done right. But we OOS need that extra red bull in the tank. E.g., Sourlands
Why would you think you thought that I thought that you were talking about me? Huh? Huh? :p

Nah... even if you did... it would be true. My riding has been very lazy.

@TimBay and I have talked about pacing. If I agree to a ride then I am 100% ok with keeping the pace of the slowest rider. I don’t agree to rides if I don’t have enough time or if I have a different workout in mind. I know I feel self conscious of making others wait when I’m the slow guy but there is nothing wrong with saying you need a minute.

I spent the last 2 years riding nearly exclusively alone. I finally ventured out to a couple group rides a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. It’s just more fun to ride with others. It doesn’t matter to me how fast or slow they are. Yay bikes!

You're definitely a blast to ride with and have plenty of patience.

@TimBay and I have talked about pacing. If I agree to a ride then I am 100% ok with keeping the pace of the slowest rider. I don’t agree to rides if I don’t have enough time or if I have a different workout in mind. I know I feel self conscious of making others wait when I’m the slow guy but there is nothing wrong with saying you need a minute.

I spent the last 2 years riding nearly exclusively alone. I finally ventured out to a couple group rides a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed them. It’s just more fun to ride with others. It doesn’t matter to me how fast or slow they are. Yay bikes!
This is exactly why Tim is great to ride with. He just goes out and has fun when he rides with slower people.

You've only been riding a few months, if you keep to this current level of interest and commitment. You'll be waiting for is in no time. Once you get the basics in, saddle time is what will get you to the next level. I really haven't improved in the past two years most because I'm only riding 3-4 times a month max. When riding with faster groups I usually take the easiest lines and avoid features so I don't waste energy or crash. Some rides we focus more on sessioning features, but don't try both. There's no secret, just ride more. @kbajaj rides often and I see lots of improvement each time we get together.
I was on a run riding 3x a week for a month or so, but took a hit this week from work, but hope to get back to the consistency. 1st and foremost, I'm having a blast riding. I think it's the most fun you can have as an adult.

You're getting zero sympathy for your 2 minute drive to Harts

View attachment 95011

It’s a 2 minute drive from WORK which is 45 minutes from my house.?

It’s the weekend rides or when I’m just burned out on Hartshorne or if I need to be home for some reason before I can ride....blah blah blah...wah wah wah.

I know. I am actually pretty lucky to at least work near a decent park.

It’s a 2 minute drive from WORK which is 45 minutes from my house.?

It’s the weekend rides or when I’m just burned out on Hartshorne or if I need to be home for some reason before I can ride....blah blah blah...wah wah wah.

I know. I am actually pretty lucky to at least work near a decent park.
I wonder if he confused tims for a moment since I do live minutes from the trail...and we're both named Tim

You've only been riding a few months, if you keep to this current level of interest and commitment. You'll be waiting for is in no time. Once you get the basics in, saddle time is what will get you to the next level. I really haven't improved in the past two years most because I'm only riding 3-4 times a month max. When riding with faster groups I usually take the easiest lines and avoid features so I don't waste energy or crash. Some rides we focus more on sessioning features, but don't try both. There's no secret, just ride more. @kbajaj rides often and I see lots of improvement each time we get together.
That's how you earn your beer!

I was on a run riding 3x a week for a month or so, but took a hit this week from work, but hope to get back to the consistency. 1st and foremost, I'm having a blast riding. I think it's the most fun you can have as an adult.
I have other ideas for most adult fun. But I understand - different strokes ;)

Reactions: Tim
I wonder if he confused tims for a moment since I do live minutes from the trail...and we're both named Tim
There is another Tim who knows Waway and JH like the back of his hand
We need to figure out how to call you guys when you are all together! lol

Last edited:
Is there a GoT thread? You guys watch that show?

tenor.gif

I liked how they switched from killing your fav characters to turning them into the new villain. Didn't think she'd go full targaryan

Yeah, seems like episode 5 got a lot of complaints on how rushed it was. And yeah, Dany could have just flew straight to Cersei and be like "Yo foo. This be my throne now, so you best be steppin'!" But, at least #cleaganbowl happened!

Yeah, seems like episode 5 got a lot of complaints on how rushed it was. And yeah, Dany could have just flew straight to Cersei and be like "Yo foo. This be my throne now, so you best be steppin'!" But, at least #cleaganbowl happened!
Yeah that was rad. What a way to go. Now Arya is straight gonna murder Blondie. Can't believe they're gonna wrap this up with only 1 more episode.

Yeah that was rad. What a way to go. Now Arya is straight gonna murder Blondie. Can't believe they're gonna wrap this up with only 1 more episode.

Who knows what Arya is going to do. She's definitely where Dany is and pissed (from the teaser).

Who knows what Arya is going to do. She's definitely where Dany is and pissed (from the teaser).
You gotta wonder about jon and tyrian too. They looked pretty not on board either. What is Dany Gonna do? Will be hard to justify her actions. Jon should have just banged his aunt and called it a day.

Back
Top Bottom