The 12 Hours of Santos 2018

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am here now laying in my hammock post ride. I am riding a geared hardtail and it is super fun. I have been noticing on avg, there is ~600ft of climbing per 20 miles. Power climbs but not tons of elevation in aggregate. It is super fun. I do not really jump stuff andI think a hardtail is fine (for the record I only own XC hardtails). Some day I will bring my SS; it would be a hoot. If you want to send it in the Vortex, bring a trail bike. Also visit the Croom Trails, Alafia and Balm Boyette if you make the trip. I use to hate FLA but central FLA is a bit different with lots of Scrub Forest. Hope you make the trip!!
Thanks!

This doesn't make sense this winter now that it's mid-February and I'm tied up for the next few months but I want to see if I can make this happen in a 2022/2023 winter trip.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
How big is this park for actual riding? IE is it a one day and you hit everything and you're done type of park?

And what kind of bike? It's Florida so I'm assuming singlespeed hardtail...
Looking forward to seeing you hit this on your SS hardtail
5D7E925C-EC8E-4C95-9540-9329B708EE48.jpeg
P

V-Dub

I am here now laying in my hammock post ride. I am riding a geared hardtail and it is super fun. I have been noticing on avg, there is ~600ft of climbing per 20 miles. Power climbs but not tons of elevation in aggregate. It is super fun. I do not really jump stuff andI think a hardtail is fine (for the record I only own XC hardtails). Some day I will bring my SS; it would be a hoot. If you want to send it in the Vortex, bring a trail bike. Also visit the Croom Trails, Alafia and Balm Boyette if you make the trip. I use to hate FLA but central FLA is a bit different with lots of Scrub Forest. Hope you make the trip!!
Don't forget Loyce Harpe park (Carter Road)

onetracker

Not a ton of van camping options; we should go into business if the place is close to the trails and not under water!

onetracker

Won't be underwater now - very little rain. That area is in drought
So I am confused, I thought you lived in the Ocala/Santos area based on past posts?

Also, I just realized the 2022 edition of the 12 Hours of Santos happened last Saturday while I was at WSF, Alafia and Balm. I did not even know, not that I am in any kind of race shape. Still would have been cool to check it out.

rick81721

Lothar
So I am confused, I thought you lived in the Ocala/Santos area based on past posts?

Also, I just realized the 2022 edition of the 12 Hours of Santos happened last Saturday while I was at WSF, Alafia and Balm. I did not even know, not that I am in any kind of race shape. Still would have been cool to check it out.

Nope I'm 160 miles south on the west coast (Venice). Which is why I have only been there once.

Top Bottom