Tatum Not My Cup of tea

I am sorry I think most of you have misunderstood my intentions on this forum. I have always enjoyed the outdoors and NJ after sudden life changing turn of events early last year, I decided to launch my own Youtube channel and document most of the outdoor activities and create video reviews of products I have purchased for my activities and share them on here. I was hoping some of the videos would be helpful but If no one feels that way, I can remove them. I am a good sport and can take the good with the bad, you have to expect that when you put yourself out there. Pretty much I'm as big of a dork as the majority of you on here and make videos in the same silly manner. If that is not "your cup of tea" then please send a request to the forum moderator to have my profile removed.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Patrick Botti - it's all good. Keep on having fun with it and try not to take anything too seriously. If you're ok with us having fun we're ok with your posting.

Some of the guys don't know when to let go. Just ignore it as they get overzealous at times. But the ball is now in your court to make even better videos ;-)

SpartaBard

@Patrick Botti - it's all good. Keep on having fun with it and try not to take anything too seriously. If you're ok with us having fun we're ok with your posting.

Some of the guys don't know when to let go. Just ignore it as they get overzealous at times. But the ball is now in your court to make even better videos ;-)

And he must show up at our next MTBNJ group ride!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
rarely does anything get 7 pages of responses in 2 days after the end of march!

you have broken the internet, well done !

Keep posting - keep learning, and keep doing what you want to do.

i didn't read the first 6 pages, but i'm always up for video....

Johnny Utah

I would suggest following some better trail etiquette on the videos (trail conditions, where to ride, etc). Come out to a maintenance date at Allaire if you are unsure of what is cool/frowned upon. Next day is 6/7.

Huge fan of the bucksaw BTW

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I am sorry I think most of you have misunderstood my intentions on this forum. I have always enjoyed the outdoors and NJ after sudden life changing turn of events early last year, I decided to launch my own Youtube channel and document most of the outdoor activities and create video reviews of products I have purchased for my activities and share them on here. I was hoping some of the videos would be helpful but If no one feels that way, I can remove them. I am a good sport and can take the good with the bad, you have to expect that when you put yourself out there. Pretty much I'm as big of a dork as the majority of you on here and make videos in the same silly manner. If that is not "your cup of tea" then please send a request to the forum moderator to have my profile removed.

Trial by fire and you have emerged from the crucible renewed. An "ANT" posting you shall pay, and my dreary day you'll help pass away.

wonderturtle

I would suggest following some better trail etiquette on the videos (trail conditions, where to ride, etc).

^ this ^

Honestly you seem like a good guy so I'll let you in on a secret (ie, the main reason you've been passive-aggressively mocked here)......

You posted a video where you (1) started off on a trail (Indian springs) that is specifically prohibited for mountain biking, then (2) you "trailblazed" down a hill ... a HUUUGE no-no and then (3) went down an unmarked trail (also off limits to mtb use). Then you posted the video on YouTube and on this site (which is frequented by many folks .. Not me.. But many folks who work hard to advocate for trail access).

So you can see why people may not have loved your video. But instead of coming out and saying so, you get passive-aggressively mocked. Such is the spirit of this board.

I think we took the passive- agressive mocking route (rather than attacking you) because I think we all got the sense that you didn't know any better.

Keep making vids. I checked out some of your others. Some cool stuff. Keep posting them.

But do a little recon first. Understand the dos and donts.

And don't encourage others (through your videos) to do stuff that are big no-nos (eg, trailblazing and riding unauthorized trails). Such activities do NOT help the mtb community. Quite the opposite.

now you know.

Last edited:

RobW

A buddy of mine went for some Tatum Tea on the cross bikes. I'd have to say, After riding it on a CX bike and a mountain bike, it's way more fun on the cross bike. No sugar lumps needed to make this a sweet morning!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 364

wonderturtle

A buddy of mine went for some Tatum Tea on the cross bikes. I'd have to say, After riding it on a CX bike and a mountain bike, it's way more fun on the cross bike. No sugar lumps needed to make this a sweet morning!

Ive riddin tatum on my "frankenbike" (a 1986 Univega Viva Sport with 30mm cyclocross tires, Mary handlebars) and I can tell you Tatum is much more of a challenge ;) you feel every friggin bump. the mowed field edge trails beat you up. on the mtb the fatter tires and front squish just eat those little bumps up but on the "frankenbike" its chatter-city. the singletrack is a relief compared to the mowed field edge trails.

kidzach

Wow this thread slid under my radar. Great stuff on a hungover Sun. afternoon. Good to see the OP made it out alive unlike the " who's that girl" OP. Good clean fun. I'll make sure to choose my words wisely around here or maybe try to light a fire someday. Take it E-Z

Reactions: rlb

RobW

Ive riddin tatum on my "frankenbike" (a 1986 Univega Viva Sport with 30mm cyclocross tires, Mary handlebars) and I can tell you Tatum is much more of a challenge ;) you feel every friggin bump. the mowed field edge trails beat you up. on the mtb the fatter tires and front squish just eat those little bumps up but on the "frankenbike" its chatter-city. the singletrack is a relief compared to the mowed field edge trails.
Dude, the carbon fork eats it just as nicely...the less contact area with the cx tire didn't really beat me up at all, I kept hands on the hoods and let it do its thing. The only challenging part was the sandy corners, even in those, I just let the bike go where it wanted. Very pleased with this bike on the road and off road.

mfennell

MTBNJ memories. Fun races, funny threads. Good results back in the day. 11th in a good field of riders.

View attachment 180126
You picked my worst result in that decade. :)

Doug Spitz was smoking fast that year. 3rd behind those two at age 45 was no joke.

eva-ride.JPG

After my weak showing in Sport, I did a lap of the Beginner race with my daughter, who was 2. We rolled out last and she called out bike colors as we passed. Reactions ranged from "right on!" to "are you kidding me? arrrrgggh" It was hysterical.

She turns 13 next month.

Last edited:

MMuller

You picked my worst result in that decade. :)

Doug Spitz was smoking fast that year. 3rd behind those two at age 45 was no joke.

View attachment 180139

After my weak showing in Sport, I did a lap of the Beginner race with my daughter, who was 2. We rolled out last and she called out bike colors as we passed. Reactions ranged from "right on!" to "are you kidding me? arrrrgggh" It was hysterical.

She turns 13 next month.
I guess it's all a matter of perspective. For me good results being that I was only 9 seconds behind you. Worst results in a decade for you based on me being only 9 seconds behind you. Ha.

Top Bottom