SURF does not SUCK

Second day, 3rd hour. I caught my first wave!!! I didn't get to surf as much as I wanted because dinner and bike rides or runs interfered with the high/low tide thing. But I felt so good when I finally stood up after eating it many times already. I think the thing that benefited me the most was just watching ppl surf while I was in the water. I noticed how they stay calm and collective and let the wave do the work after some hard paddling. This one guy caught everyyyyything. That was talent. The conditions were meh and choppy mostly. One day the ocean was just like a lake so we rented a SUP. I guided the fiancé out as i paddled on surfboard. I got good paddle experience that day. Conditions on the last afternoon before we left were perfect. 3-4' swells. I stayed and surfed in the Pehala Park area. That spot was actually great. I checked out Holyoke and wasnt much different. I'm so happy I won't be bored out of my mind when I am dragged to the beach now.

So what other beaches are known for good surf?

Manny,
I don't surf, but I have done a lot of boogie boarding down at OBX. You will definitely have waves, but they are generally bigger than jersey. Buckle up you chinstrap!

I know! I was looking at the pics on magic seaweed! But hopefully bc its not prime surf season there according to the site it was be good newb waves. Thanks for the heads up

forecasts suck more than 3 days out... who knows thoough, you could get a wave maker that forms in the meantime!

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371949646793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371949646793.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 44
I dropped my board pretty bad last year. Tip damaged, foam exposed.

Any place in the LBI area that doesn't charge arm and leg to repair? Maybe at at home DIY skilled guy?

I dropped my board pretty bad last year. Tip damaged, foam exposed.

Any place in the LBI area that doesn't charge arm and leg to repair? Maybe at at home DIY skilled guy?

you have a pic of the damage? its not that hard to do it yourself. if not try farais.

Back
Top Bottom