SURF does not SUCK

Hey stone where were you on sat? I was at the southend taking lefts from the wall past the rock pile. It was the best day of the summer for me. I didn't get out for the Sunday Irene swell. Picking up a new Roberts tonight I feel some sick days coming on next week.

I started out at 6:30 am on jacqueline ave (my dad's house is on that street). eventually i drove down to the wooden jetty and spent most of the morning there. I was on my longboard and had a blast. The left at the wooden jetty is one of my favorites on the island, even if the tide is too low. I'm guessing you were on the other side of the wooden wall from me? I spent some time in the middle of that beach before the lifeguards came out, and found some nice lefts there. Sunday wasn't great, but I still went out to catch the last of the swell. Fun for a bit but it definitely got too choppy after while.

god damn, i love the fall!

It looked like that beach was still working when I left. I got out on sunday in bay head but it was all closeout junk. Barely worth a paddle. Pumped for tonight for an afterwork session and tomorrow morning.

Hey stone I was on 15th street in beach haven all last weekend. It was great plus incredible amount of dolphins. One surfaced about 15 feet away from me. They were jumping in and out of the waves too. It was amazing to see that outside of an aquarium or "sea world" type show. What beach did you hit?

Ocean grove wasnt too bad tonight. Occ chest high sneaker but mostly waist and below. Took an ill advised left and lost my board into the rocks. Cut my foot up trying to get it back. I guess I should have used a leash or my brain.

You going out tomorrow?

Last edited:

MMuller

It's been pretty much firing here in Monmouth County for a few days. I did get out a couple times but seemed to miss the good tide/wind window and got mostly east swell closeouts. Still good to get in the water though. Weather has been incredible. Enjoy it now until you have to dig out the 5 mil.

How good was last friday? And it was a holiday too. A little crowded but worth it except for the idiots who sit inside or turn around and paddle straight back out.

I heard Monmouth beach started or is starting a replenishment project this week. Boooo!

wafflin

Did anybody get out today? It looks decent on the cams. I should have packed my gear so I could have gone down to the beach after work.

MMuller

Wow, beautiful south swell. I haven't been out in at least a month. So out of paddle shape. Surfed, or tried to, OG. Nice sets, some overhead. Great shape, offshores. I used to surf all the time, at least a couple times a week. Since I started riding though I seem to have lost the spark, stoke, edge. I guess I can't do both. A bit of a bummer after all those years in the water but loving the bike.

Chris(NJ)

If we had warm waters I'd be inclined to go more often. Its just not motivating to get all suited up any more :(

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i haven't been in a long time myself. it's been all bike for a while now.

i toy with the idea of getting on a SUP in the summer just to get out in the summer slush, but i think my paddle-out days in glassy head high+ surf is done for now, at least until the kids are a little older. maybe.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Ibsp is cranking. Been down here all day

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336671716478.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336671716478.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 40

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Ghey dan ripping it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336672254634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336672254634.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 49

wafflin

Sweet pic.

It was fun yesterday. I was able to get a short session in bradley beach before I had to go to work. I'm glad that I did too because I haven't surfed in a while.

I also find it hard to want to go paddle around when the surf is meh just to stay in shape. So much easier to just hop on the bike and go for a ride.

Top Bottom