Sup Folks

RoB

Hey all, new to the site and figured this was the place to start. Getting back into MTB after a lot of years of being busy with youth sports, looking for locals to ride with who aren't trying to kill me while I get back into hiking shape. Not a newbie, just not very fast.

Home turf is Mercer Park, been riding there since the early days of full suspension bikes (my first was a carbon Trek Y11). Also have plenty of rides at Sourlands, 6 Mile, and Chimney Rock, but not in a long time. Most of my MTB buddies have moved away or aren't riding anymore, so...if anybody is riding locally and doesn't mind an old fat guy tagging along, I'm game.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm an old fat guy who also once owned the death machine.
IMG_0932.JPG

Welcome

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome, I know a few old fat guys in the Mercer area... :cool:
Hey @Rusty , I know you're not talking about me! :D

Welcome @RoB!
Hit me up to ride any time.
Hopefully you can make it out to help the Mercer JORBA trails team (SMART)
on trail maintenance day some time too.
Ride on!

Matt_

I Get Jokes

Welcome @RoB!
Ride on!

In case his magic ball is broken, the next TM date is May 20th?

RoB

Welcome @RoB!
Ride on!

Thanks Michael. I was a member of SMART when it began way back in the day. Built many bridges and removed a lot of fallen trees in my time. :). Happy to help whenever I'm available, I'll check for trail days on the forum.

Planning to ride at Core Creek tomorrow morning while my girls are at softball practice. Never been there before, hopefully I won't get lost. :p

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Thanks Michael. I was a member of SMART when it began way back in the day. Built many bridges and removed a lot of fallen trees in my time. :). Happy to help whenever I'm available, I'll check for trail days on the forum.

Planning to ride at Core Creek tomorrow morning while my girls are at softball practice. Never been there before, hopefully I won't get lost. :p
Awesome man! You probably know @Mick714 ...

@sk1er18 is correct, May 20th is the next scheduled TM. You can find our schedule here: http://jorba.org/
Funny, I plan to be at Core Creek tomorrow morning as well to meet a couple of buddies at 9 am. I don't know the place well but it's small.

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome Rob! There are lot's of Robs here. I am not one of them, but I'm sure they welcome you as well.

RoB

Core Creek was a bust, rode for about 45 minutes and had a mechanical that prematurely ended my day. Seems like a lot of fun trails there, but finding my way around was a challenge to say the least. Is there a good map of the trails anywhere online?

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Core Creek was a bust, rode for about 45 minutes and had a mechanical that prematurely ended my day. Seems like a lot of fun trails there, but finding my way around was a challenge to say the least. Is there a good map of the trails anywhere online?
I don't know of a trail map but I can ask the Philly Meetup guys.
It's pretty simple though. Basically just 3 lollipop loops.
Looks like this:
https://www.strava.com/activities/964629005/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1493564502

Top Bottom