Sunrise -> Coldhill Rd -> Sunrise

Dirt

Ok, it was a short 1/2 hour ride, and I was in a rush to get finished and home before dark. I'm pretty jacked up though as this was the first time I've been able to do this route without having to hop off for two challenges - one the steep hill between Tingley and the corral and the other being going over the bridge by the elementary school (railroad tie leading up bridge). May not mean much to ya'll, but I'm pretty jacked up.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15653579

Not only this, but it's now been 2 months that I've been back into riding. I've lost 20lbs, feel better, am getting out on the trails with my 8yr old son, and having a blast. I've also learned how to tune up the bike. It's so cool to have a well-shifting bike.

MST.ESQ

Congrats Dirt, that's what it's all about. I also run down Patriot's Path as a warm-up before heading into Lewis Morris. That hill by the horse fence is a killer indeed. Need some more motivation now that you cleared this section? Your next challenge is to take the yellow path to the top of the park without stopping.

Dirt

Lol, thanks MST ESQ. It's not the hill by the corral that always killed me, but the steeper one (and shorter) between that and Tingley. Yeah, tomorrow after work I'll be trying the yellow trail again. I expect to be hoofing a bit though.

ducsauce

New to mt biking and this is the first trial that I have ever ridden a few weeks ago although we went from sunrise to the town pond on mountain ave about 9miles round trip. I felt that it is great for a beginner but it really showed me how out of shape I am. Had to walk the bike up the steep rooted short hill the same one that Dirt is referring to right after tingle rd.
Had so much fun I introduced my wife to mt biking on the same trail last week she had a ball.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom