Strictly METAL

Uada grabbed me in 2016 with their first record, Devoid of Light, and hit even harder in 2018 with Cult of a Dying Sun. I'm stoked on the current crop of American bands that are taking up the sound of 2nd wave Scandinavian black metal and carrying it forward into the 21st century. These guys strike the perfect balance of aggression and darkness while incorporating a surprising amount of melody. The vocals are consistently unhinged and the drummer is killing it throughout.

Corrosion of Conformity is playing Underground Arts on Sunday 2/17 with Crowbar, Weedeater and The Obsessed.

https://www.facebook.com/events/323374501825503/

Finally saw Crowbar live about a year ago in Easton. Great show. After their set i ran into Kirk at the Overkill merch table as he was delivering drinks. Chatted with him for a bit and he gave me one of whatever it was they were drinking. Nice dude.

New Overkill came out on Friday, Vintage Vinyl was sold out by Saturday afternoon. These guys are still killing it even as they approach the big 6-0 lol. One of the first true metal bands I got into as a kid, and I still see them whenever they come around. This is one of the new ones, and its growing on me. Little tribute to Bruce at the end. Watch out for the curse words.

Last edited:
New Overkill came out on Friday, Vintage Vinyl was sold out by Saturday afternoon. These guys are still killing it even as they approach the big 6-0 lol. One of the first true metal bands I got into as a kid, and I still see them whenever they come around. This is one of the new ones, and its growing on me. Little tribute to Bruce at the end. Watch out for the curse words.

Always been a huge Overkill fan. Favorite album of all time is Years of Decay, favorite “new Overkill” album is W.F.O. Doesn’t Blitz and his wife own a chocolate shop or something in the Ringwood/West Milford area?

This past December at the Stone Pony Billy from Biohazard and his solo band opened the Sick of it All/Life of Agony show, and immediately i was happy. Been a fan of Biohazard for decades and his solo work didnt let me down. Finally got a hold of the cd and I'm really digging it. Chock full of anthems, sing alongs, grooves and breakdowns, its 13 songs of smiles for me. If youre into the Biohazard-y/cross over type stuff, check it out. Caution for curse words.

This past December at the Stone Pony Billy from Biohazard and his solo band opened the Sick of it All/Life of Agony show, and immediately i was happy. Been a fan of Biohazard for decades and his solo work didnt let me down. Finally got a hold of the cd and I'm really digging it. Chock full of anthems, sing alongs, grooves and breakdowns, its 13 songs of smiles for me. If youre into the Biohazard-y/cross over type stuff, check it out. Caution for curse words.

Digging the new stuff from Billy, thanks for posting! I've been a big Sick of it All, older Life of Agony fan for a long time. New LOA just doesn't do it for me, I tried to like it and I just don't. I miss the old Kieth Caputo River Runs Red voice, it was unique and aggressive.

Digging the new stuff from Billy, thanks for posting! I've been a big Sick of it All, older Life of Agony fan for a long time. New LOA just doesn't do it for me, I tried to like it and I just don't. I miss the old Kieth Caputo River Runs Red voice, it was unique and aggressive.

LOA released a teaser about a month ago with the soundbites from River Runs Red, and at the end it just says, "what if he lived?". They are in Arizona currently working on the new record which has been said to be a continuation of RRR. We shall see. They put on a great show in December (so much that I'm going to the NYC show in may) and while Minas voice isnt exactly what it was, its very close. Plus, as i stated a few posts back, I think now that she is in a somewhat happy place with herself, the energy and emotion are back.

This ones for @stb222
Youth of Today played 4 (i think) shows last week with their original line up. I went Sunday night. This was my view as this guy filming was right in front of me. Fun times. Not in this video, but people were literally swinging from the rafters.

Back
Top Bottom