Strictly METAL

walter

Fourth Party
While I'm navigating the inner city streets of Trenton, todays motivational music brought to you by
20190115_100524.jpg

While not metal, per say, i went to the Stone Pony last month for the Billy Biohazard/Sick of it All/Life of Agony show. Much fun. Dying Fetus, Slayer, The Interrupters and Youth of Today already purchased so far for this year.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So, to kick off: I've long been aware of Skeletonwitch, but they always left me kind of cold. I know they developed a pretty dedicated following through their first several releases, but in the last few years they changed vocalists and apparently took their songwriting into all kinds of new places on Devouring Radiant Light. This is definitely one of my favorite things to come out in 2018.

So this is the soundtrack off my workday morning here (Thanks!),
and I kept thinking that a great double bill would be them and Kvelertak

Apparently someone had this idea...
skeletonwitch-kvelertak.jpg

walter

Fourth Party
So this is the soundtrack off my workday morning here (Thanks!),
and I kept thinking that a great double bill would be them and Kvelertak

Apparently someone had this idea...
skeletonwitch-kvelertak.jpg

My good friend used to work at Vintage Vinyl, i was in there some years ago just browsing and she hands me a Kvelertak disc and says "buy it". It was a great suggestion. Those guys are good.

walter

Fourth Party
I was out of town that day, otherwise I'd have been at this gig for sure.

The night was even more special as there was a Pat Brown sighting. Fun night, a lot of energy, a lot of the bands crossing over and playing on each others sets, etc. Happy that Keith/Mina Caputo is in a somewhat happy place and can put the energy back into the vocals like the old days.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My good friend used to work at Vintage Vinyl, i was in there some years ago just browsing and she hands me a Kvelertak disc and says "buy it". It was a great suggestion. Those guys are good.
Saw them open for Gojira and Mastodon.
Possibly the only show I've been to where the primary draw for me was an opener.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Continuing my Favorites of 2018 with a band that's also one of my very long-term favorites: Yob, Our Raw Heart.

This band has been putting out their unique mixture of heavy elements for decades now, and 2018 saw them returning from the near-death of band leader Mike Scheidt to release something as heavy, aggressive, and beautiful as they've ever put out.

Read more about them here: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/yob-interview/

walter

Fourth Party
Continuing my Favorites of 2018 with a band that's also one of my very long-term favorites: Yob, Our Raw Heart.

This band has been putting out their unique mixture of heavy elements for decades now, and 2018 saw them returning from the near-death of band leader Mike Scheidt to release something as heavy, aggressive, and beautiful as they've ever put out.

Read more about them here: http://www.invisibleoranges.com/yob-interview/

This album made almost every "best of" list for 2018. I'll have to check it out

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been a huge fan of Howard Jones' vocals, from Killswitch Engage to Devil you Know to Light the Torch. From LTT latest album:

Rick, I didn’t peg you as a metal guy...
But now it makes sense! Howard is the man. cant say I like his new stuff the way I did with Killswitch, but it’s still good stuff.

New single from the absolutely BRUTAL New Jersey Locals, Lorna Shore.

Didn’t know they were local! Saw them open for Within the Ruins (amazing band) and Despised Icon last year...or maybe longer. Great show.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Rick, I didn’t peg you as a metal guy...
But now it makes sense! Howard is the man. cant say I like his new stuff the way I did with Killswitch, but it’s still good stuff.

Didn’t know they were local! Saw them open for Within the Ruins (amazing band) and Despised Icon last year...or maybe longer. Great show.

Within the Ruins is in my Top10 of all time. Did you hear the Instumental album, Trilogy?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Within the Ruins is in my Top10 of all time. Did you hear the Instumental album, Trilogy?
Yes! They never disappoint. I’ve seen them many times... took some preshow shots with them at the Gramercy a few years back. Really cool dudes.

Top Bottom