Street Ladies

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Tomorrow. Wednesdays are spirited so join us if you are a lady that can hold 16-18mph avg over 30 miles including hills. Mondays you just need to be able to hold 12mph over 25 miles and we wait at the top of hills. Road bikes are highly recommended unless you're a beast on a hybrid or a monster on anything less.

9am Pedal Sports back parking lot 20-D Elm Street, Oakland NJ.
Pm me if you want a contact #.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
... In the meantime, watch yourselves on Jacksonville, there's big guy out there with an itty-bitty trying to prove he's a man.

Jacksonville isnt really a bike friendly road to begin with, at least not from the chapel to the end in pompton plains, this guy was definitely an extreme asshat either way.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Tomorrow. Wednesdays are spirited so join us if you are a lady that can hold 16-18mph avg over 30 miles including hills. Mondays you just need to be able to hold 12mph over 25 miles and we wait at the top of hills. Road bikes are highly recommended unless you're a beast on a hybrid or a monster on anything less.

9am Pedal Sports back parking lot 20-D Elm Street, Oakland NJ.
Pm me if you want a contact #.

:cry: work keeps me from this, life just isnt fair

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
This is awesome!

Comment aside.... What you do for the cycling community in general is awesome.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I really appreciate your comments. Curious though, what do think I do for the cycling community in general?

you are on a roll! and Sandi... thank you big time for getting ladies out there riding.

You're welcome, Pixy and you're welcome to join us anytime!

We'll find a day or a way, Mom, RC, Cynthia and everyone else. Yes, work certainly does get in the way but it also offers opportunity for commuting.:)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
A pear actually. I had forgotten to eat breakfast and while I was waiting...

I thought I recognized all those tattoos. I also think I saw a blur of you guys turning right onto Bog and Vly off Beaverbrook. We usually do a loop there before heading up 202 and went down to see what kind of construction they were up to. They're replacing a couple old, rotted sections of pipe that allow water flow from ditch to ditch under the road before they pave. Should take a few weeks. Can't wait for new tarmac because that's one of my favorite sprint points too.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
From Montclair you can take Fairfield and go straight across at Target instead of making the right towards two bridges. To go over 46 take Hollywood to Horseneck or just go Horseneck to PineBrook and you should get to the same place. Does that help?

Maybe not the right part of Pine Brook. Ah what the heck, just ride down to the construction guys, smile and wave and ask if you can ride through.... It usually works for us. ;)

Last edited:

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Maybe he ran off to join his mutant sewer dwelling ninja cousins?

IMG_1074.jpg

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I've been officially working in a bike shop for a few months now and it might seem uber-cool to be around bikes all the time and don't get me wrong, it is, but you loose out on a lot of the fun big riding opportunities. It's not like I can't schedule a long ride for myself, but to turn down friends I really like to be with for a recent 125 miler because I was working, that was a downer. And not being able to run off and tour NY state or camp at "Cranks" stinks too but it is what it is for now.

What I do really enjoy is helping people find the bike that's right for them. I like to give people all the options and let them try different "genres" of bikes and you can just tell which is the winner by the sparkle in their eye when they come in from a test ride. I get to share the moment and re-live falling in love with my bike each time I see that. It is uber-cool to have someone come back weeks later and tell you how perfect their new bike is and how happy they are and even how much it changed their life.

It hurts to have bandaged up friends come in to get a replacement helmet because they skidded in gravel and crashed hard but at the same time knowing they wore a helmet because you strongly suggested(nearly insisted) they get one and they thank you for it... there is no price for that. None. The endless questions and the rides with clients to help them hone skills and gain confidence are nearly as much fun and rewarding for me as for them.

So what's my point? We are all very lucky people, those of us that get led to bikes for whatever reason and from whatever direction, we are the people who get to look at the rat race of life a little bit differently. We get to see the lost tortoise signs and hope to see him peeking out from the stream on a ride one day before winter and maybe we can help him get back home. We get to watch the seasons and see the flowers grow and relish friendships while we coast or hammer along.

I get to be reminded, everyday, that the true meaning of the bike is bigger than me and bigger than the next ride and even bigger than Lance could ever hope to be. It's about being a part of the seasons and the years and of history and to be a priceless part of the cycles of each other's lives.

Ride safe.

gtluke

The Moped
I've been away all week but today two Bridges was open all day today, they might be done with the road closing construction, but they are still out working.

Arwen's Mom

Cyclopath, that was beautiful and brought a tear to my eyes, really. No joking.

The Hub and I went to Turkey swamp yesterday. we came around a corner and 20 feet away is a deer and her 2 (YES 2) spotted fawns. All 5 of us sat there for like 2 minutes just looking at each other before they walked away. I cried then too. It was the highlight of my week. I love the little treasures I receive when I ride.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Thanks for your comments. Beaverbrook is open for now but resurfcing is planned...

Monday is Labor Day. We're meeting at 9am at Pedal Sports in Oakland and riding until 11:30 ish. Bring your skinny tires(or your fat ones if you like riding them on pavement). Bring a smile and expect to meet some skilled riders and some occasional riders. Mostly, get ready to ride some fairly bike friendly roads with some great gals.

PM me for a contact # or directions

Arwen's Mom

I really want to ride with you gals some day, but Monday the ***** and I will be heading to clayton.

Top Bottom