Strava Segments

Spylab

After finishing a really nice ride of the full White this morning, I was pretty shocked to see the only segment logged being the Fire Road between lots 1 and 2. While I am squarely near the bottom of the pack here, in the end I really want to add a couple segments to Deer Park to brew some casual rivalry (not to mention give me some inspiration to keep up with some of y'all)

Right now, I want to create three segments from my ride:

• Climb: After the white descends to the Pond (heading clockwise), you cross the dam and can stay left (straight) to continue the white, which embarks on a long burn climb.

• DH: Near the end of the full White loop (going clockwise) is a very fun, fast and mildly tech descent through softball sized stone, which ends at a sharp right hairpin.

• Mixed: The 'new' cut of trail, starting at its left0turn split off the Yellow and travelling down to Lot 1.

Now, before I go ahead and make these segments, I want to poll the locals.
My home turf park, Mahlon, is rife with locally-grown names for trails and segments..."Cascade", "The Wall", "Stone Gate", "Anrothar's Alley" and so on.
I have never heard any colloquialisms for any of the three sections mentioned above. If they have a "name" that they are referred to by the home crowd, please let me know so I can label the segments accordingly. Otherwise, I'll take it upon myself.

Oh, and by the way, Deer Park conditions today were some of the best I've ridden there. Go out and have fun!

Mike

this is pretty much all we've got on it mike: http://www.mtbnj.com/wiki/Deer_Park

AFAIK, the only trail that has an "official" name is the "Rogue Trail" which at point point had a Dead Guy Ale trail marker or something. or at least that's the legend.

Would the Rogue Trail be the one from Lot 1 to Yellow?

no...but that's a rogue trail too.

the rogue trail i'm referring to is at the end of the first section of white where you come to a T. looking at the map of DP we have on wiki, it's the southernmost tip of white, by rte 80. if you make a right, you'll continue on white around the lake as shown). if you make a left, you're on the rogue trail which will lead, eventually, to the Tilcon/Waterloo/Lollapalooza lot (not shown). it's a very fun, pretty tech trail that has a few insanely fun sections. i would say it's one of, if not the most tech trail at DP.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom