Strava issues?

Anyone have trouble with Strava. I always lose GPS and tried ALL of the troubleshooting advice online. Would love to record and post. Thoughts on trouble shooting and is there a better app?

Supermoto

It is probably a phone issue? Does it have problems with any other gps tracking apps? Where do you keep your phone when riding?

moray42

Merman
More likely a cellular issue I would expect. Using a gps unit and uploading the gpx would be the more expensive fix. Not sure there are alternatives to having poor cellular signal.

no. iphone 6. no battery saver apps. not buying a new phone any time soon so may entertain the idea of a gps device. The weird thing is I used to run my 4 and my 5 for hours in the woods with different apps and they were spot on. Now this wont work with any of those apps either.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Delete and reload.
Also make sure it is allowed to use location services when running.

Weird shit going on. I used to run and hike a lot. So I went to my old map my hike site. Just hopped on my bike to check the gps and it worked perfectly. Map my run and map my ride wouldn't work. Strava wouldn't work and a bunch of the newer stuff wouldn't work. The weirdest part is all of my old workouts and hikes showed up on here. They wouldn't on the others

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
update OS... again?
my phone went a bit off the deep end with the last major release, seems better now with the latest minor update.

the wahoo stuff is pretty slick

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've used the app on my iPhone a few times recently for tracking, and it is garbage. Or my phone's GPS is garbage. It craps out before the end of the ride 50% of the time. Buy a Garmin.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've used the app on my iPhone a few times recently for tracking, and it is garbage. Or my phone's GPS is garbage. It craps out before the end of the ride 50% of the time. Buy a Garmin.
Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

Thanks for all of the replies. I will shop around. Definitely seems like I will be buying some sort of bike computer. App I went back to crapped out on me tonight on a 6 mile night road ride about four miles in. Garbage

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone have trouble with Strava. I always lose GPS and tried ALL of the troubleshooting advice online. Would love to record and post. Thoughts on trouble shooting and is there a better app?

I've been burned by Strava recording too many times. I use Wahoo Fitness now to record my rides. It gives you the option to upload to Strava after you are done with the ride. I use the Strava app afterwards to rename the ride, upload pix, etc.. Success rate over 2-3yrs has been 100%.

Top Bottom