Stolen Scott ebike

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Anyone have a black Scott full suspension ebike Stolen. Someone tried to sell it to me for 200 dollars on Bloomfield ave Montclair.
I wonder what to do in that situation, I feel like if you bought it the owner would gladly repay 200 to get it back. Of course that opens up a different can of worms.

iman29

I wonder what to do in that situation, I feel like if you bought it the owner would gladly repay 200 to get it back. Of course that opens up a different can of worms.
yeah i dont know how you prove/not prove YOU didnt steal it. or even if you turn it in to the cops youre paying $200 for some good karma and cant assume/expect the original owner you pay you back.

I wonder if there's some legal thing like knowing its worth a few thousand and you buy it for $200, are you then receiving stolen goods? Sorry I have watched way too many episodes of Live PD.

Skerb

I knew I should have bought it. It belongs to Pedal in Montclair. I gave them as much info as I could. Good luck getting your bike back.

bergsnj

I would think the value of that bike makes the crime a bit more than petty theft. I hope they catch the punk.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
yeah i dont know how you prove/not prove YOU didnt steal it. or even if you turn it in to the cops youre paying $200 for some good karma and cant assume/expect the original owner you pay you back.

I wonder if there's some legal thing like knowing its worth a few thousand and you buy it for $200, are you then receiving stolen goods? Sorry I have watched way too many episodes of Live PD.
I know, I probably would have bought without thinking too much about it, and called all the local shops. But that could have backfired.

Funny, I’d never heard of Live pd until this morning listening to this American life (talking about people that end up on live pd and cops without giving consent)

Skerb

Ugggh.... Montclair PD just called me for questioning. Wants to know .What prompted me to call a bike shop..I told him we were a tight knit group of weirdos whose bikes cost more than our cars.?..It sucks but I can get fired for buying anything stolen while working.

the schwartz

Ugggh.... Montclair PD just called me for questioning. Wants to know .What prompted me to call a bike shop..I told him we were a tight knit group of weirdos whose bikes cost more than our cars.?..It sucks but I can get fired for buying anything stolen while working.
My bike doesn't cost more than.. Oh wait

Skerb

Justice is served....
Screenshot_20190521-211036_Facebook.jpg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
So what's the deal with ebikes in NJ? Legal? Not legal? Don't ask don't tell? Asking for a friend.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what's the deal with ebikes in NJ? Legal? Not legal? Don't ask don't tell? Asking for a friend.

i believe(not certain, it could have changed) they are treated as motor vehicles since they have a motor, so not legal in state parks/on mtn bike trails.

Kaleidopete

i believe(not certain, it could have changed) they are treated as motor vehicles since they have a motor, so not legal in state parks/on mtn bike trails.
And not legal on roads unless registered as a motor vehicle with insurance lights licence plate

Top Bottom