Stolen Bike

Mahnken

Damn, never thought I'd be the one posting one of these threads. Went to my garage to grab the bike for a ride, and my bike wasn't there. Just got back from the police station to report it. According to my camera, they took it at 6pm on Monday (4/29) during the five minutes or less that I was mowing the lawn on the side of my house.
POS walked right up to the garage and rode away with it
Screenshot_20190502-150824.png

It's a 2017 or 2018 YT Jeffsey 27 CF Pro.
Stolen in South Jersey, sicklerville.
IMG_20190320_112910.jpg

qclabrat

Looks like you live in a quite neighborhood, any other thefts like this recently? If not, you may have been cased and the followed you. Check your neighbors cams, he may have had a buddy around the corner in a car

Mahnken

It's a quiet development, but the surrounding area isn't the best. Every so often I do see shady looking folks walking through. I just drove around and it doesn't look like anyone in a two block radius has a camera. I think it was literally the first time I wasn't anal about keeping the garage closed while I did yardwork. Just my luck.

Mtbdog

Absolute bummer, sorry to hear this. Go to local crack corner and cruise around with eyes open you never know how far the bike went. Good luck, hopefully the cam pics are clear enough for facial recognition and some help to local law enforcement. Ask your local officers where the dirt bags fence their goods they may very well know.

qclabrat

My guess is the guy knew what he stole. Junkies would generally steal a rake and look to pawn it for a dollar. Did the guy look nervous approaching your house? Would be a give away if it was a pro job. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you ride, you're near the Philly area right?

Mahnken

Here's the whole video:
https://ring.com/share/6685441866995680111

My garage was open for a while, as I was mowing the front yard. There's about a five minute window where I wouldn't have noticed someone going into the garage, would've been while I was mowing the strip around the outside of my fence that goes along the side and back of the property.

Rusty

well, he will be wearing white sneakers, jeans and that hoodie again and you know what direction he walked from. bet he lives within a few blocks, and doesn't have money to replace his staple clothes.... I'd be on the prowl with a baseball bat.

really hope you or one of us sees it posted so this low life gets his due.

serviceguy

Did you keep your s/n ? If not you may be able to get it from YT if you bought the bike from them. Just s guess. Really sorry to hear they nicked your bike, I would be so mad! It’s beyond the value of the goods that were stolen. Yes, there are worse things in life but then... good luck!

oobaa47

If he came from the same direction he left, and based on the angle of his approach it appeared he did, there's no way he would be able to see the bike initially. So he had to have seen it prior to that. I'd go way back prior to the incident and review the footage......

Last edited:

Mahnken

My guess is the guy knew what he stole. Junkies would generally steal a rake and look to pawn it for a dollar. Did the guy look nervous approaching your house? Would be a give away if it was a pro job. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you ride, you're near the Philly area right?
Yep, 15 minutes outside of Philly.

Top Bottom