Stolen Bike

Mahnken

Did you keep your s/n ? If not you may be able to get it from YT if you bought the bike from them. Just s guess. Really sorry to hear they nicked your bike, I would be so mad! It’s beyond the value of the goods that were stolen. Yes, there are worse things in life but then... good luck!
The only number I found that looked like it could be a serial number was a sticker under the bottom bracket. I'm going to reach out to YT and see if that's it. If not, hopefully they'll have a record of it.

Mahnken

The direction he left was the only way to go. The camera only picked up when he came up there driveway. I was on the other side of the house so he may have came from the other direction and saw I was too far away to notice him. Screenshot_20190502-201521.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43
This sucks and I am sorry it happened.
The thief looks aware that he is on camera. He seems to shy away from it. His hood is up and he might even have something over his face. I hate to be a bummer but I doubt this guy will ever be caught.

qclabrat

Just wondering if you have a dog? I have a little poodle and she goes bananas when anyone approaches the house.

Mahnken

Just wondering if you have a dog? I have a little poodle and she goes bananas when anyone approaches the house.
I do, little Chihuahua mix. He goes nuts too. Problem is the guy literally came at an angle where there's almost no way to see him from any of the windows in the house. And he didn't make any noise.

Mahnken

Had a lead today. Got a notification from the ring neighborhood app where I posted the video and someone said he seen the guy and bike. It's a close development that he saw him in so I rushed over and called the police to notify them on my way. I didn't find him and stopped the cops when they showed up to show him the pictures so that he would know what he's looking for.
I'm guessing the kid is just riding around looking for open garages to rob. I drove through a bunch of developments on my way back home. Probably an hour in total, I had to get back home to the kids. The TV will only occupy a two year old for so long, lol.
Sucks that I'm gonna be out of town most of the weekend, hopefully next week I'll be able to take out the road bike a bit to search for him again.
Screenshot_20190503-160215.png

Mahnken

On the home insurance front, I have a one thousand dollar deductible. After that they give me a check for the depreciated value (not sure yet), but if I spend the same amount they will send another check for the amount that was depreciated off. So the bike was 4800 and if I spend that again I should get a total of 3800 from the home owners insurance.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
On the home insurance front, I have a one thousand dollar deductible. After that they give me a check for the depreciated value (not sure yet), but if I spend the same amount they will send another check for the amount that was depreciated off. So the bike was 4800 and if I spend that again I should get a total of 3800 from the home owners insurance.
Such a shitty situation. Pretty much the same deal i got from my insurance for my stolen bike which is pretty good. Still surprised they covered mine since it was stolen off my bike rack away from the house. I guess insurance is good for something. Good luck finding him/it but if not, happy new bike day!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

Tell the neighborhood kids what happened. Show them a $100 bill as a reward for the return of the bike.

Kids can't keep a secret.

I can also help ease the pain on the cost of a new bike if you consider one of the brands we sell.

Mahnken

Tell the neighborhood kids what happened. Show them a $100 bill as a reward for the return of the bike.

Kids can't keep a secret.

I can also help ease the pain on the cost of a new bike if you consider one of the brands we sell.
Some of the people in the local Facebook groups have been sending the pics to their friends and relatives that go to the schools in the area. I really think if I find him it'll be because I just get lucky and come across him while driving/riding around.

Thanks! I've been wanting to come visit your shop since I started on the boards and saw how much you do for the community, I just rarely ever get out that way. I met you at six mile during one of the cannondale demos, I think it was two years ago. If I can't get the bike back I'll definitely be stopping in ?

Mahnken

Update:
Saturday morning 4am:
This guy
Screenshot_20190525-090050.png
Puts up this ad:
Screenshot_20190525-043702.png

So I call the cops and let them know. I can't do anything because I'll be leaving for Vermont in a couple hours.
At about 11am the detective calls and says the guy says the bike is sold and he is playing games with them.
I figure that's it, there goes the one shot at getting it back.

Then, on the way home from Vermont today, another defective calls and tells me they got the bike back and I can go pick it up. Apparently the guy did sell it. The cops figured it who the guy was, and who he sold it to, and now I can go pick it up at the station tomorrow.

I'm kind of amazed that it was found. Crazy.

Top Bottom