Sterling Forest where?

scooter77

Took a ride out to Sterling today think i was in the wrong area. Anyone have a physical address like where the lot is? First parked in visitors center that didn't seem right not one car with a bike rack. After looking around that area for a bit. I drove further down the rode after look pulled into Caretaker lot no one was really there started riding the trail there bit was just overgrown quad tracks that were very wet and one part just flooded out. Someone point me in the right direction. Saw videos i was no where near the trails I saw online. Thanks

BPaze

Took a ride out to Sterling today think i was in the wrong area. Anyone have a physical address like where the lot is? First parked in visitors center that didn't seem right not one car with a bike rack. After looking around that area for a bit. I drove further down the rode after look pulled into Caretaker lot no one was really there started riding the trail there bit was just overgrown quad tracks that were very wet and one part just flooded out. Someone point me in the right direction. Saw videos i was no where near the trails I saw online. Thanks
41.176501,-74.227159

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
How far did you ride from the caretakers lot? You have to ride the double track for a little bit until you get to the singletrack.

MuniMan

If you were in the Caretaker lot you were right on the money. Ride out the back to the right of the shed, cross the dam, keep going, stay on the dry shelf on the left if the road is muddy. You quickly come to a steep rise after the bend to the left. The Hutchinson trail goes into the woods on the right midway up the rise. Rock Cairn and signpost mark it. Unless the powerline crews have been driving on that road this past week the trail is quite obvious. Its the only beaten path.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
You can also park on Southgate Rd Lot which is right past Tuxedo Park golf course. Southgate is off of Eagle Valley Rd.

BPaze

You can also park on Southgate Rd Lot which is right past Tuxedo Park golf course. Southgate is off of Eagle Valley Rd.
I believe that is the lot I posted the GPS coordinates for, I was there yesterday morning and still had them saved in my copy so I was able to quickly just paste them.

scooter77

I'll have to give it a second try. Did see the south gate start possible for next time. But now i know where to go in caretaker lot either one will work

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The southgate lot is on the left near Buttonwood Rd intersection. Once you go in the lot, there is a kiosk with map. The map should help you get the lay of that land.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions