Sterling Forest - Sunday, July 22nd @ 10:00am

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Meet us at South Gate Trailhead this Sunday (GPS: 41.176653, -74.227103). The plan is 2 loops, one in each directions. Intermediate pace for ~14 miles. Wheels down at 10:00am sharp. Who's in?

Mr.Moto

Make sure you check out the new stuff on munsee eagle. Would join you but headed up to the kingdom of the trails this weekend :).

Mr.Moto

Is munsee eagle part of the standard loop or is it elsewhere?

Part of the the standard loop. If your going counterclockwise from buttonwood the new stuff is when you reach the woods road headed towards the powerlines. Trail crew working signs on the left shortly after you hit the woods road.

It will be the new single track to take out to the powerlines rather than the woods road.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
2 Laps? Have fun.....
Two different (and awesome) downhill sections. Twice the fun!
______
Latest report says no rain expected until later in the day. Last time I rode the trails were really dry. They could use a little rain.

mustclime

FYI, the 1000 ft of climbing does not include the new section by the power line, that has some crazy switchbacks. Probably another 300-400 feet. I would love to but my only bike transport is the vette. South Gate is not vette friendly. I would just hold people up.... 55, fat, on a 36 lb. fat bike= not fast:eek:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
More than 8 miles a lap, more than 1000 feet of climbing....like I said, have fun.
D06E14DD-269C-4F09-A28B-265ABDA10CEF.jpeg

“Go big or go home brah.”

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m hoping the stars align which would allow me to make this. Ever ridden here and so want to enjoy this place. Keep you posted if I’m able to pull this together.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like I'm in. Is this still a go with the weather? It's a misting here in Allamuchy.

Top Bottom