Stephens State Park Conditions

trener1

I might be up for something on Saturday, I have to figure out if it will be to cold to ride (for me).

Superfly100guy

Conditions are ok buy not easy to say the least. Continental Drive-Canal Trail to Tilcon is ridden in but still pretty hard even with a FAT bike. Front end traction seems to be the big issue with ruts going every which way. Maze is pretty good and pretty worn in.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very good conditions. No snow at all, some of the water crossings aren't quite frozen yet so be careful. Slight word of caution: under the dry-looking leaves is a layer of frost, so consider it loose over hardpack. Some blow down but all we saw was litter size stuff. Go ride!

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Any updates on conditions at the moment for Stephen’s? Supposed to be riding there tiomorrow.

Well, I gave it a try. Started off from the Sussex Branch and rode in from Continental Drive. Followed a fatty until they bailed about 100 yards in. It was me breaking through the crunchy top of about 7” for another hundred yards or so. Very tough going on the flats and any inclines were near impossible.

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t make the trip from your abode right now.

mtbmarbar

It’s not looking good.

I will do some recon today and report back, but I’m not feeling all that optimistic.
Well, I gave it a try. Started off from the Sussex Branch and rode in from Continental Drive. Followed a fatty until they bailed about 100 yards in. It was me breaking through the crunchy top of about 7” for another hundred yards or so. Very tough going on the flats and any inclines were near impossible.

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t make the trip from your abode right now.

Oh boy, think I’ll give it a miss. Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Mildly Wild

Walked the Maze trail today doing some TM along the way. Cleared a ton of branches/twigs/3 small trees off the center fork of Maze entering from the RR crossing. Trails are a little soft but not bad (didn't leave footprints most of the way) and still a lot of leaf cover protecting the trail I walked. I'd give it a 2.5 today but I expect if no more rain falls it will be a solid 3 - 3.5 by Saturday afternoon. Caution: Ticks are out. Found one on my wrist, one on my jacket one on my pants and one on my shirt when I got home. The small ones too.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How is Stephen's these days? Any blow downs or are all the trails good?
Pretty sure @ReggieHammond was there over the weekend.

Stephen's is in top notch condition. Even with tomorrow's rain, it will be perfect again for this weekend. The vast majority of the downed trees have been cleared by Steve F. and his faithful crew of volunteers.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions