Srs Q...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I'm planning a ride out of Bedminster and I'd like to know if PP gets "mountain bikey" thru Black River Park & southern part of Hacklebarney State Park.

I know hacklebarney section along the river was some serious mountain biking as I remember it...Certainly wouldnt want to ride a cross bike on it. This was like 2011 when I last rode it tho....@norm, you remember this ride?

What we did back then? Not even close to cross-bike friendly in spots.

Feel free to practice shouldering your bike though. Should be fun.

I've ridden most of what you mapped out a few times last year from Peapack. Hopped on the PP right off of 206 at Daly Rd. It's right off 206, so don't blow by it. The Arboretum and Bamboo Brook are both very rideable on a graveler. But once you get out of Bamboo Brook towards Kay it's poorly marked, narrow and not maintained at all. You'll be carrying your bike for the majority of 2 miles or so. I suggest to instead hop on to LongView to Pottersville north after Bamboo till you get to Kay Center. Also if you head further north, there's good gravel riding at the Black River WMA. First time I rode there with a CX bike and turned around after Bamboo Brook. Worked out better with a SS mtb, but much of the singletrack is super tight and still rough. Actually Bamboo and the Arboretum are one of my favorite parks to snow bike with a fat. Have fun!

Agreed getting past the arboretum over towards the Kay Center can get pretty rough. I remember pushing my fatty a few times.

I've ridden most of what you mapped out a few times last year from Peapack. Hopped on the PP right off of 206 at Daly Rd. It's right off 206, so don't blow by it. The Arboretum and Bamboo Brook are both very rideable on a graveler. But once you get out of Bamboo Brook towards Kay it's poorly marked, narrow and not maintained at all. You'll be carrying your bike for the majority of 2 miles or so. I suggest to instead hop on to LongView to Pottersville north after Bamboo till you get to Kay Center. Also if you head further north, there's good gravel riding at the Black River WMA. First time I rode there with a CX bike and turned around after Bamboo Brook. Worked out better with a SS mtb, but much of the singletrack is super tight and still rough. Actually Bamboo and the Arboretum are one of my favorite parks to snow bike with a fat. Have fun!
So stay out of Hacklebarney on PP.

So stay out of Hacklebarney on PP.
not sure it's actually Hacklebarney, but it is adjacent, might be one of those eminent domain like situations. Some sections of PP you're going through or between private property which is strange. I really like the Arboretum , just make sure to shut those deer gates, also try to get out there when it snows as well. If you happen to be riding on a Friday afternoon, LMK, I can tag along for a few miles before turning around.

Wood ride again
20181019_120137.jpg
20181019_113313.jpg
20181019_120826.jpg
20181019_121337.jpg
20181019_123409.jpg
20181019_121209.jpg
20181019_130815.jpg
20181019_120508.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available