Sriracha is Overrated - Yay/Nay

Is Sriracha Overrated?

• Total voters

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Like beer too right? All the same :popcorn:

Every beer I've ever drunk is different. Even ones that came from the same six-pack. Thats how sensitive my palette is.

I notice subtle differences in things.

RENOB RENOB RENOB

kidzach

Did someone say all pizza is that same? This person must be on some tasty hallucinogenic's. Time for a new thread.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I like the hot oil stuff they give you in the Chinese restaurants. That is the best.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This wasn't really a question of, "Is Srirachi good or bad?" so much as what the title says. The hype leading into this was pretty big, so I was expecting more. Well, maybe I wasn't, since I've had my fair share of hot sauces and oils over the years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad. It's good, tasty enough. But I find it pretty similar to what I've had in many many Asian restaurants over the years. It's pretty much your standard garlic-chili sauce as far as my taste buds can tell.

I just did a quick count and I have 7 different hot oils & sauces in the house now (not counting the backups). I have different kidns of hot sauces for rice, noodles, kung pao chicken, and dumplings. They're all different and I think they all have a place in my kitchen (at least). I'm sure I'll end up using this whole bottle, and likely buying more as I learn what it goes best with. But I think the hype is a little high for the payoff.

I personally find the oils better than the sauces, like Jimmy says. I also prefer a flavorful hot oil as opposed to just brutally hot. The one sort of exception is when I eat Szechuan food, which is flavorful for sure, but also brutally spicy sometimes. I'm also not afraid of MSG.

Maybe we'll have a hot sauces & oils party one day.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Imagine everyone in Asia had ketchup and nobody in North America did..

Then all of a sudden some Asian starts making ketchup in the US and people catch onto how awesome it is, where all the Asians don't get it as they've been buying it in their markets the whole time.

That's basically Sriracha.

It's good, but it's not great. I actually get slightly bothered when I go to a Vietnamese place and they have it on the table as what's usually on the table is better.

I do use their chili sauce in my cooking, mostly when I make...chili. No sugar, just flavor.

-Steve

This wasn't really a question of, "Is Srirachi good or bad?" so much as what the title says. The hype leading into this was pretty big, so I was expecting more. Well, maybe I wasn't, since I've had my fair share of hot sauces and oils over the years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad. It's good, tasty enough. But I find it pretty similar to what I've had in many many Asian restaurants over the years. It's pretty much your standard garlic-chili sauce as far as my taste buds can tell.

I just did a quick count and I have 7 different hot oils & sauces in the house now (not counting the backups). I have different kidns of hot sauces for rice, noodles, kung pao chicken, and dumplings. They're all different and I think they all have a place in my kitchen (at least). I'm sure I'll end up using this whole bottle, and likely buying more as I learn what it goes best with. But I think the hype is a little high for the payoff.

I personally find the oils better than the sauces, like Jimmy says. I also prefer a flavorful hot oil as opposed to just brutally hot. The one sort of exception is when I eat Szechuan food, which is flavorful for sure, but also brutally spicy sometimes. I'm also not afraid of MSG.

Maybe we'll have a hot sauces & oils party one day.

THATmanMANNY

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I like the hot oil stuff they give you in the Chinese restaurants. That is the best.

WINNER!

Chungs chili oil > Sriracha

But I still have Sri. Boner Boner Boner. Depends on my mood. Straight up hot with the oil or enough salt for the next few days with the big red s.

I don't care what flavors. Just spicy hot all the time please.

rlb

The Council sought another public nuisance designation as insurance in case Huy Fong Foods does not install smell mitigation measures, officials said. At the Wednesday hearing, the Council asserted the city has the right to eventually enter the factory and make the changes itself, while assessing the costs to the factory.

Suuuure they have the "right". The article also says that the company is working to fix the problem itself.

Shoogs

It depends on where you rate it. Me, I rate it highly. I believe in different sauces for different foods. I have a bottle at work to 'help' the food from the cafeteria in the building.

Top Bottom