SRAM Level TLM issues?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I have had a set of these for a over a year and they are hit or miss. I know there is an issue with earlier ones but is there a fix? Basically they work or they don’t and by this I mean the lever sticks when pulled in or it doesn’t. I have cleaned/lubed them and no good. I have not done a thing and they work fine. Thursday at CR they were flawless and today at ringwood they were sticky. I bought them as takeoffs so no receipt. Any way to get them warrantied? There are no serial #s that are easily visible.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have had a set of these for a over a year and they are hit or miss. I know there is an issue with earlier ones but is there a fix? Basically they work or they don’t and by this I mean the lever sticks when pulled in or it doesn’t. I have cleaned/lubed them and no good. I have not done a thing and they work fine. Thursday at CR they were flawless and today at ringwood they were sticky. I bought them as takeoffs so no receipt. Any way to get them warrantied? There are no serial #s that are easily visible.

i had mine warrantied. 2017 tallboy. didn't work if they sat in the sun too long.
hope this helps - i don't think the warranty is owner specific, cause if you crash because of their brakes with a known problem,
some nj lawyer will be happy.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Serial # on the caliper, no receipt needed to warranty. I had a set replaced and have been fine since . If in a time pinch you can remove the plunger from the master and stick it in a drill and clean up the plastic to give a lil more clearance, I did this to a set of guides and also have a couple trouble free years on them .

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Serial # on the caliper, no receipt needed to warranty. I had a set replaced and have been fine since . If in a time pinch you can remove the plunger from the master and stick it in a drill and clean up the plastic to give a lil more clearance, I did this to a set of guides and also have a couple trouble free years on them .
Thx! Does the local shop warranty them?

Top Bottom