SRAM DUB Chainring - pre-worn?!

one piece crank

Why do the teeth resemble a worn-out chainring?

sm_eagle_chainring_30t_front_l.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
To better hold your chain with, my dear.

I'm sure there's some flashy SRAM video explaining this tech with whatever fancy marketing name they came up with.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
LOL, to hold the chain.

Th best part is you will murdr 11/12 spd 1X if you dont change your chain every 500-700 miles.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL, to hold the chain.

Th best part is you will murdr 11/12 spd 1X if you dont change your chain every 500-700 miles.

the chains dont seem to last on the mtn bikes (at least 12 speed) but i think that is your point, im trying several different ideas to try and extend it bc 12speed chains aint cheap :/

so far im getting about 1/2 what i was getting out of my 9 speeds milage wise :/

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
the chains dont seem to last on the mtn bikes (at least 12 speed) but i think that is your point, im trying several different ideas to try and extend it bc 12speed chains aint cheap :/

so far im getting about 1/2 what i was getting out of my 9 speeds milage wise :/
It is cross chaining and really big rings. $25 for a chain every 6 weeks is still cheaper than those damn SRAM cassettes.

Stainless Steel chainring is my next purchase. Wolftooth is claiming 5-10 times the durability.

one piece crank

Stainless Steel chainring is my next purchase. Wolftooth is claiming 5-10 times the durability.

The SS rings do look nice, and a bash ring is available too. Only available for SRAM, so I'll just stick with Raceface steel rings. Reminds me back when SS inner (triple) rings became available...

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is cross chaining and really big rings. $25 for a chain every 6 weeks is still cheaper than those damn SRAM cassettes.

yea thats true, jesus, 6 weeks to do 500 miles? i thought i was bad doing it in 3.5 months (granted i have 2 mtn bikes that share the load so maybe its not soo far off . . . )

my road bike for shit weather is still 9 speed, and my nicer one is 10, but i havent worn out a chain on the 10 spd yet :/

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
yea thats true, jesus, 6 weeks to do 500 miles? i thought i was bad doing it in 3.5 months (granted i have 2 mtn bikes that share the load so maybe its not soo far off . . . )

my road bike for shit weather is still 9 speed, and my nicer one is 10, but i havent worn out a chain on the 10 spd yet :/
I lied, new chain December 6th, replaced 614 later on February 3.

I am starting to think 10 speed was the pinnacle

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I lied, new chain December 6th, replaced 614 later on February 3.

I am starting to think 10 speed was the pinnacle

damn, at least im not the only one who thinks 12 speed chains dont last for shit :/

although the one on my fuel is just under 500 miles and still shows good on the chain wear gauge (park tool guy), ill double check tonight if i think about it, but thats an x0 chain, so maybe the more expensive ones do last longer in this case . . . .

Top Bottom