Squealing Avid BB7

ADZ

I am Having problems with my Avid BB7 disc brakes. For the pass three week they have been squealing badly. The rear one does it all the time and the front mainly squeals when it is wet. I have adjusted them properly, according to Avid's setup manual anyway. I have also purchased new pads and I'm still having the same problem.

Is there anybody that has had the same problem or has a answer for this.

Cheers

Shaggz

A strong 7
did you clean the rotors properly? maybe they have some lubricant on them and contaminated the brake pads.

ytc100

I have had a problem with squealing when my rotors were worn - even with new pads. An very worn rotor will also wreck new pads pretty quickly.
You could also try just tweaking the angle of the caliper so that the pads don't hit the rotor perfectly square upon initial contact.
Wet brakes will squeal a lot of the time even if everything is right.

RyGanley

ADZ said:
I am Having problems with my Avid BB7 disc brakes. For the pass three week they have been squealing badly. The rear one does it all the time and the front mainly squeals when it is wet. I have adjusted them properly, according to Avid's setup manual anyway. I have also purchased new pads and I'm still having the same problem.

Is there anybody that has had the same problem or has a answer for this.

Cheers

It's all about the rotors... I recomened removing your wheel and washing with a soft sponge and dish detergent.. Make sure to get all the soap off and check that they are dry... Then check to see if your pads are wearing even.. if not then they are not set up properly and you need to go to a shop... good luck man.. I love these breaks.

Top Bottom