Spring Silence: Uncoiling the Fat Dragon

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
PS. I expect to be back in some form of slaughter condition for cross. I just need to take an adjustment period of downtime right now.

i'm sad that nyc claimed yet another victim. that place is churn and burn...nothing more.

and for the record, my "season" this year is cross. with fat, swollen ankle and foot, that's all i got.

vaya con dios.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can go on about the race going as perfect as could be expected for a first effort, but I understand the ocd very well. What tortures you is also what makes your work exceptional.

I'm bummed about the white flag, I was looking forwards to calling you an ass hole for 6 hours for talking me into bearshit. :) cross will be here before you know it

maddawg

Yes grasshopper i feel your pain!

couple things......
-it went really well! revel in that.
-it will never be perfect. too many variables. never.
-learn from each experience and use it to make the next better.
-you are now in the post race hangover period. its a scary time. it took me a full week after SSAP this year just to get normal again. the 40 is worse. sometimes i don't look at my bike till October after that. its totally different than racing. you are all consumed by the "event" and then its over. good or bad. this too shall pass.
-you'll be fine in a week or so. let your focus shift and just relax for a few days!

good job bro!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
summer is for drinking beer and eating Tater Tots. fall is for racing bikes. :getsome:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
summer is for drinking beer and eating Tater Tots. fall is for racing bikes. :getsome:

my god, this is some brilliant work. and to think, i was starting to feel bad about drinking beer and not riding as much.

thank you. thank you.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the feedback Mike. Specifically this:

-you are now in the post race hangover period. its a scary time. it took me a full week after SSAP this year just to get normal again. the 40 is worse. sometimes i don't look at my bike till October after that. its totally different than racing. you are all consumed by the "event" and then its over. good or bad. this too shall pass.

I hear ya. Fred and I were just talking and he asked me to explain it. I said it's kinda impossible. I guess that's what yesterday was. The day went like this: Monday was great, nothing but positive feedback. Tuesday I find out half my volunteers nearly starved to death. I was totally bummed on the way home from work. I actually gave some guy $10 when he played the "I got stranded in Newark and need $8 to get home" routine. Quite extreme on both ends. Today it's like the race was 4 months ago.

I plan to get on the bike again Friday morning.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You know what sucks, Matty and I worked on this dance routine for friggin hours and never got to bust it out:

250530_657477163338_711381_34458006_5047177_n.jpg

Top Bottom