Spring is Here!!!!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
The weather tomorrow is going to be amazing. You know, like those days we had back in February. If you are reading this, you are likely at the "cycling enthusiast" level or greater, and sort of know where I am going with this, but please humor me and read on.

We need your help. We, being all of us who appreciate the incredible opportunities to ride bicycles on public land in NJ and the region. We, who are advocating for more access in the few NJ counties who do not allow bicycles to ride on dirt. We, who have forgotten what some trails looked like before an organized effort was made to repair, reroute and construct sustainable singletrack in so many places around NJ; an organized effort to educate our community of trail users on trail etiquette, trail design, and sharing.

We need your help. You influence many people when bicycles are the topic. You are the likely person in the office who folks come to when their kid wants a bike. When they are thinking of buying for themselves, upgrading, racing, canal pathing, or whatever, they seek you out. You send friends to shops. You may work in shops. You may work in the industry.

You have influence beyond social media.

You ride more than the average person rides a bicycle, and you see casual users on the trail all of the time. We need your help.

We need our community of avid cyclists to shamelessly educate the riding masses:
  • Leaving ruts threatens access.
  • Riding around puddles widens trails, and threatens access.
  • There are other off road riding options when singletrack is muddy.
  • Expect and respect other trail users. Treat them like you would like to be treated, or better.
  • Yield to all other trail users.
  • Yield to uphill riders.
  • No one cares about your KOM, knock it off if you encounter another trail user.
IMBA's rules of the trail:
  • Ride open trails
  • Leave no trace
  • Control your bicycle
  • Yield appropriately
  • Never scare animals
  • Plan ahead
We preach to the choir on this forum, and to a large degree on social media. We need your help. If this comes off as preachy, or negative, bummer. It is what it is, and the message is more important than the delivery.

While you are at it, please help us grow JORBA, so we can continue to enjoy the incredible trails of this state.

www.join.jorba.org - It takes minutes from your phone, and costs less than you spent on biking in the last week. Or it costs more, but your trails are worth it.

Want to get more involved, or have a special talent to offer the group? info@jorba.org

goldsbar

Amen! I do remember what the trails looked like 25 years ago. Basically a bunch of rocky jeep roads with limited single track and seemingly 90* climbs/descents everywhere. No such thing as flow. Much better now.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
#jorbasocksftw

The rain and warming today will accelerate snow melt up north. Philly should be prime by mid week. Hit me up if you want a tour.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
I dropped off a few boxes of JORBA Ambassador cards to @jdog today. Hit up Halter's Cycles if you want a handful, they are on the counter alongside NJ NICA cards. These two organizations are working for the future of MTB in NJ, please support them.

Halter's is the largest single contributor to JORBA for many years, and supports NJ NICA in a big way.

Top Bottom