Sport vs Pageant.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Curling is a sport - there is a score, and a clear winner.
(as is biathlon, boardercross, xc, & speed skating, hockey)

Ice skating is a pageant - they have judges, who know whom they are judging.
(as is slopestyle, and halfpipe)

:popcorn:

(going from winter to mud season....) - see lowest point poll.

Last edited:

ChrisRU

Much of local bike racing is a pageant. Sure there are some dudes and dudettes up front who are serious business, the rest of us are there for the beer, free t-shirts, and to wear tights without being ridiculed.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
if curling is a sport, then bowling, pool, and darts are sports...i call bullshit on that. Game im ok with

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is driving on snow tires a sport? :hmmm:

of course...one of the best

Rally-sweden-2011-day2-pictures-9.jpg

Patrick

Staff member
Darts billiards golf shooting and all the other ones are sports. Bike racing is racing. Sport even for participators like me trying not to dfl. Boxing et all are tough to classify. Obvious winner by (T)KO otherwise it is a judgement call crap shoot. HS type wrestling with point system Is sport.

Sync swimming like
Body building. Pageant

Unless racing, driving is just plain fun. Esp in the snow w rwd

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Much of local bike racing is a pageant. Sure there are some dudes and dudettes up front who are serious business, the rest of us are there for the beer, free t-shirts, and to wear tights without being ridiculed.

I show up for the costumes, pagentry and beer.

I am sending my Lefty out for service tomorrow... thats as close to anything bike related I've done in weeks.

Patrick

Staff member
it was a sad day when the russian women's curling team was eliminated.....

greeek32

Road racing seems like pageant. Everyone showing up in their Sunday best, rubbing wheels all day... what about competitive fishing? I'm not talking about catfish noodling which is obviously sport and unapologetically manly.

Blair

Is driving on snow tires a sport? :hmmm:

There is a Top Gear episode where they race a lancer with studded tires vs a bobsled on the bobsled track, very neat idea and surprisingly close race. Probably on youtube somewhere.

Top Bottom