Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok quick survey here. I was told I sound like I am broadcasting from a submarine. Does anyone else think the sound has gone to shit the past few weeks?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok quick survey here. I was told I sound like I am broadcasting from a submarine. Does anyone else think the sound has gone to shit the past few weeks?

no i actually think the last couple weeks the volume leveling was BETTER than previous, im not straining to hear one of you and then loosing some hearing and missing a bunch from the ringing in my ears when the other speaks

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You don’t sound like you’re sitting in the same room, because you’re not. Sounds fine to me.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
First forty min was background noise with the exception of the talk Joy’s costume... and then, as if by magic, it got interesting... and my #%& commute ended! Now I gotta wait till the morning. :( damn my inflexible disposition.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Skype, kid. It's the thinnest of the long series of tubes. Crazy-straw.

Not my feedback, someone else's. I don't listen to us talk. It's bad enough we have to listen to us the first time.

Cross talk from start to end. Got it.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

Sound quality has suffered some recently. It’s gone from decent 2 people in the same room sound to your typical solo host with a “ remote” call in guest interview sound quality. Which of course has the ever-present volume imbalance of a call in interview. Certainly not the worst I’ve heard but definitely noticeable.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, on the Skype, you can tell you’re phoning it in, but it’s fine.
Oddly though in Epi37 at about 1:01 I started picking up some digital artifact. An occasional clicking, like someone was scrolling through a set list on a 2nd gen iPod.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I havent had a phone in 2 weeks, so im just catching up...

I dont think the sound was bad per say, i just much prefer you guys in a room talking to each other...like its very noticeable that you arent...it leads to a better discussion imo...since you guys sort of ramble from topic to topic...things like the birds on seans porch, the tea your drinking, etc...it gets left out and that usually sparks you guys to talk about something else. Ala....seans dead cat story. Just an observation, I will still enjoy either way.

I did have a ceramic BB in my 2010 epic...it lasted as long as I owned the bike and I never touched it. However, i have gotten many years out of the cheap amazon bearings too with some cleaning and re-greasing once in a while

ok, the EXTENDED discussion on zwift worlds...I eventually got a little burnt on.

Seans comment about Stacy made me LOL

I enjoyed the cross discussion

BCurry

I thought it sounded fine, 5 minutes in someone’s phone rang, I thought it was mine. I had my six year old in the car during the talk about movies, she thought Spider-Man vs Batman would be a good one to see.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
download.jpg

its been almost a month . . .

Top Bottom