Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Less than 90 minutes?!?
I expect my subscription will be pro-rated this week.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just listened on the commute this morning,
good stuff as always.

Lots of interesting talk about the drinking (or not).

@TallGuy- had I known I was contributing to the delinquency of an adult,
I would not have given you that beer on Saturday.

As it happens, I went to a party at a restaurant yesterday-
I was hanging with all my in-laws and strangers and there was an open bar,
typically a recipe for at least a couple of drinks.
I got there and was approached by a waiter for a drink order- I declined,
and just had a water.
He came back again later- nope, I'm good thanks.
Things just snowballed from there, and next thing I knew,
4 hours later the party was over and I hadn't had anything to drink.
Not anything I had planned or even considered while I was there,
just happened.

Despite the lack of social lubricant,
I was still the sexiest and most interesting guy at the party.
Of course I did have a yummy IPA when I got home,
but still.

And I enjoyed hearing more about NICA.
Man that's just awesome stuff.
Another great year because of the awesome that people do.
Thank you all.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@TallGuy- had I known I was contributing to the delinquency of an adult,
I would not have given you that beer on Saturday.
It's very happily sitting in my fridge. I'd've knocked you down just to have that effing label. It was, is, and will be very much appreciated. I'm still vacillating wildly about the drinking. I suffer from what may be a fairly common affliction: blame. I love to find something blame for how I'm feeling, or behaving. In my case, because this move-in with the fam has been way more difficult than anticipated, and because the riding is suffering and I'm just generally a bummer, I've decided that the real problem is beer. Yes, I use it as a crutch, way more than I should. But people who limp need crutches. I could just as easily blame my incessant Ebay-ing for my present malaise. I don't think that's gonna torch my liver though :)
The upshot, I drank beers with my sister when she was here this weekend. Not too many, and it was good.
And yours gives me happies when I open the fridge.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this was an interesting listen, my only comment on it really is that norms voice is so much softer than seans, makes it hard to get the volume right so that i can hear norm clearly and not go deaf when sean talks . . .

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this was an interesting listen, my only comment on it really is that norms voice is so much softer than seans, makes it hard to get the volume right so that i can hear norm clearly and not go deaf when sean talks . . .
Funny, go back around 4 epis, and I was having the reverse problem.
Crank the volume to hear Sean, then get blasted when Norm chimed in.
It's probably that damn pop filter.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Still trying to get the mix right. It'll happen. Prolly around episode 50. Plus, I'm a loud PITA anyhoo, so kinda true to life

haha, ill live, makes the drive home on release day a little more interesting . . .

ya know more interesting than the usual idiots on the parkway . . :/

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

As I was staring at the board that shows our voices on the screen, I did notice that Sean's Voice Mountains (tm) were larger than mine. I'll say this out loud next time.

I guess I need to line up a guest. Maybe we can talk to the promoter of the next race we have coming up.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
First, it's really not been bad, I regularly listen to podcasts that have WAY more volume fluctuations than this. Podcast volume parity issues are very common. I subscribe to, well let me count, 13 podcasts and each and every one of them has some degree of it.

Stationary microphones have the best sound but then you're literally asking the participants to try to place themselves in the identical position relative to the microphone each time they speak AND regulate the their individual volume both across utterances and relative to the other participants. That's a hard ask. Even headsets don't solve the problem unless you record the tracks separately and then mix them. Hell, the Adventure Sports Podcast published an episode about a week ago that was totally silent other than the opening and closing segments. Paceline had an episode where only one of the 3 hosts was above 2 decibels (I'm exaggerating of course) and it would rotate!

Let's not overthink this. Keep crank'm out... My commutes not getting any shorter as summer approaches.

2c.

ekuhn

Made it through the entire episode without wanting to make a hard right or left off the towpath...winning!

Work Travel and drinks. I feel like a lot of the traveling work crowd hits the bar in hopes to be like the movies - find intimacy and not spend the night alone. Does it happen, I'm sure, do I think it happens - maybe more now with tinder but I still think the numbers are low.

NICA - great info from Chris. It def takes a lot of effort to put those races On and everyone does an awesome job managing it all.

Amer Sports is huge. Holy smokes.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/enve-purchased-by-mavics-parent-company/

Listener #9

Beeeeeep.

Top Bottom