Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Listening now to the podcast.

FYI: Mayim Bialik (Blossom) didn't just die out after that show. She did a number of other guest appearances and voice overs... And has a PhD in Neuroscience.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Finally got caught up on the past 3 episodes...always funny when im texting with @Norm while hes on his way to the airport to go to austin at the same time im listening to him talk about how he has to go to austin.

If I had been there, i would have derailed @KenS for 30 minutes asking him questions about what ship he was on and what he did. Good stuff....would be awesome if a Nica race happened at the BSA one day

This was my last ship. I was a deck watch officer and the Command Chief.
590bcc6958948.image.jpg

Attachments

• USCGC-Dependable-Moves-to-New-Homeport-at-Virginia-Beach.jpg
    USCGC-Dependable-Moves-to-New-Homeport-at-Virginia-Beach.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 65

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Very cool Ken. Good friend of mine is a CG swimmer and was on that show coast guard Alaska for a while. Crazy the variety of different missions the coast guard does.

View attachment 69414

The highlight of 1978 was in August when she seized the merchant vessel “Heide”, which was carrying over 240,000 lb (110,000 kg). of marijuana. She then went on to receive national recognition on August 23, 1981 when seizing the fishing vessel “Sea King” for trafficking 9 tons of marijuana. In February 2000, she participated in a joint effort with a Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachment. After the detachment seized fishing vessel “Rebelde”, she towed the vessel from Cristobal, Panama and transported 6 tons of cocaine and 7 smugglers to Tampa, Florida, for prosecution. The journey lasted several days and covered 1,250 nautical miles (2,320 km).

So some of the people on this board would refer to this boat as the USS buzzkill? :)

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The highlight of 1978 was in August when she seized the merchant vessel “Heide”, which was carrying over 240,000 lb (110,000 kg). of marijuana. She then went on to receive national recognition on August 23, 1981 when seizing the fishing vessel “Sea King” for trafficking 9 tons of marijuana. In February 2000, she participated in a joint effort with a Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachment. After the detachment seized fishing vessel “Rebelde”, she towed the vessel from Cristobal, Panama and transported 6 tons of cocaine and 7 smugglers to Tampa, Florida, for prosecution. The journey lasted several days and covered 1,250 nautical miles (2,320 km).

Is Command Chief of a ship that has seized collectively ~130 tons of weed and 9 tons of coke.
Then retires.

Nothing to see here folks.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
got to listen this morning as i drove across VA OMW home.

couple things (that i remember hours later)

1) penny on BBT is played by kaley cuoco (sp?), but i had no clue she was a big child actor.
2)your story about the ring made out of string made me think of this

3) damnit, there was something else, but i cant remember it now :/ ill try to relisten (maybe) and think of it.

Top Bottom