seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
HEY! GUESS WHAT? CHICKEN BUTT! Also:
MTBNJ's Spoke-n-Nerds: Episode 28
(Feel the power)
thumb-1451619414175-2015_11_16_eos_7d_9614_v1.jpg

Mountain Bike Mike

@Norm @seanrunnette - re: French Creek... Your plan to do FC endurance sounds fun as I may want to join as opposed to murdering myself in the CAT1 class.... However, over this past winter, I rode FC with one of the Trestle Bridge promoters in the snow and we started out on the race course and at about 3/4 through the lap we took a left instead of a right just after the campground and we hit the other side of the place.... HOLY S - what an awesome ride and trail system. The backside of FC, you end up climbing up and over two or three more ridges and you feel like you're WAY OUT in the middle of nowhere is some really awesome trails - kind of like the Michaux.... Something to consider for next time... Instead of lapping FC race course, spending 4 hours to ride the other stuff...

Mountain Bike Mike

@seanrunnette - re: Norm / Pearl style of cornering... I think Pearl said at one point, and I'll probably ef this up, to keep the bike more straight up and steer more... I also have raced closely with others who are similar in style as Pearl where they ride hard thin tires, legs straight, chest over the bars, bike straight up / down and steering the bike around everything - seems to be a very fast approach that works for some.

I actually practice riding like that style and it does not come naturally... I cannot corner like that and I rely on dropper post and leaning the bike more which has a downside of washing out in loose / cobbly / off camber things.. I have an advantage to being the size of a middleschooler and can wheezle my way around and through tight things. I think I would have to stand on my seat and ride through tech corners to get your perspective...

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@seanrunnette - re: Norm / Pearl style of cornering... I think Pearl said at one point, and I'll probably ef this up, to keep the bike more straight up and steer more... I also have raced closely with others who are similar in style as Pearl where they ride hard thin tires, legs straight, chest over the bars, bike straight up / down and steering the bike around everything - seems to be a very fast approach that works for some.

I actually practice riding like that style and it does not come naturally... I cannot corner like that and I rely on dropper post and leaning the bike more which has a downside of washing out in loose / cobbly / off camber things.. I have an advantage to being the size of a middleschooler and can wheezle my way around and through tight things. I think I would have to stand on my seat and ride through tech corners to get your perspective...

Funny. I randomly ran into Pearl a few years ago at Six Mile and was noticing how nicely he was turning and couldn't exactly figure out his method. This Monday I was behind Norm riding and when hitting the first few twisties thought "Hmm, he looks like Pearl on the bike"

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Yay! It lasted me through my whole commute home. Cresting hill vs Getting past the breakers was spot on. Great imagery! Getting swallowed up by by the Borge and the laughable onboarding was me back in 2005 and again in 2007. I’ll never forget being subjected to an hour long diversity lecture by a bunch of lily white, midwestern, pretentious, sheltered a-holes. Oh, I forgot to mention, we were the most diverse group they had ever seen.

ekuhn

#27 is in the books and was a great listen. @KenS was quite informative of the NICA structure, how it all works, and all the planning.

Never really noticed the Strava thing until it was said it, now it is annoying.

Next on deck #28!

-listener #9

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Halfway through Epi 28- Where Eagles Dare (the Misfits song, not the Burton movie).

@Norm I am sad to say I killed that Costco jar of sea salt pickles you got me, and was saving the gallon of pickle juice, but Mrs Manic dumped it.
Chicks. SMH.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally got caught up on the past 3 episodes...always funny when im texting with @Norm while hes on his way to the airport to go to austin at the same time im listening to him talk about how he has to go to austin.

If I had been there, i would have derailed @KenS for 30 minutes asking him questions about what ship he was on and what he did. Good stuff....would be awesome if a Nica race happened at the BSA one day.

Are Andrew and Kate on this board? I wanted you guys to ask Andrew how come they dont mountain bike more?

Good stuff guys!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are Andrew and Kate on this board? I wanted you guys to ask Andrew how come they dont mountain bike more?

Good stuff guys!

Pretty obvious. Self denial. Could you imagine for years riding cross bikes in the woods, and then suddenly you try a nice new modern mountain bike?

Top Bottom