Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

Caught 21 & 22 over the last week. The ramble is good, I didn't want to drive off the road while listening.

Also buzzing noise in #22 starting around 2:30 mark +/-. Also sounds like you are recording in a breezy garage with with non-convential heating devices.

-listener #9

I forgot to post up after listening.

I really enjoyed most of this one....you guys rambled a bit in the middle, but it wasnt bad. What was funny was that you touched on three topics that if it was a radio show, I would have loved to call in.

The one that stuck with me....GODDAMIT YOU TWO!

giphy.gif

IM PINNED FORWARD GOOSE, I CANT REACH THE EJECTION HANDLE.

This was supposedly based on a real case/training accident where a flat spin caused an F14 RIO to hit the canopy and die during when ejecting.

F14 had handles above the seats...

F22 for example, the handle is between your legs.
f22_cockpit_image.jpg

They are remarkable devices.

The end of cross season has improved the quality of the podcast up to good "WFH audio background" material.

Possible future topics:

Demise of High Gear with interviews with Dustin, Burt and Dr. Vreeland
NICA with interviews of crazy 12 year olds on the podium! Plus Ken, Dan and Robin
Trail maintenance (this would be more interesting than anything cross related)
Love advice from Iggy (this would be way more interesting than anything cross related)
Interview with race organizer about their side of the story (Why are half the racers on this forum always whining about some shit? Just buckle up, pedal and STFU)

The end of cross season has improved the quality of the podcast up to good "WFH audio background" material.

Possible future topics:

Demise of High Gear with interviews with Dustin, Burt and Dr. Vreeland
NICA with interviews of crazy 12 year olds on the podium! Plus Ken, Dan and Robin
Trail maintenance (this would be more interesting than anything cross related)
Love advice from Iggy (this would be way more interesting than anything cross related)
Interview with race organizer about their side of the story (Why are half the racers on this forum always whining about some shit? Just buckle up, pedal and STFU)

Yes. @pooriggy This would be podcast gold.

ok, i know i dont usually comment(especially since im only about 75% of the way through listening at this point), but i have a few thoughts
1. paid trail access vs paying for . . . anything else
for me personally, i dont mind paying for things i enjoy, lately that includes bikes (and any related expenses/gadgets (toys, really)), car parts and beer. Eating out is a horrible proposition IMO, you pay an excessive amount for this (hopefully) adequate helping of food, which you have no clue how its cooked, how clean the kitchen is, what spices are used ect (this became more of an issue when my fiance determined she was lactose intolerant, its really amazing how many different things contain milk product, and how its (nearly) impossible to avoid it eating out)
Sort story of this being i would much rather pay a fee (annual for local use preferably) to use better trails than to ride mediocre trails for free, not an issue for me, charge me $100 a year to ride at (for example) state parks, and use that money to build better trials, Im all in.
2. where did you grow up? this question stems from your comment about leaving your bike unattended and it not going anywhere while growing up, my town was the same way, it may have helped that there wasnt a whole lot within biking distance (for a kid) of home, but im just curious.

3. what do you guys do that your free during the day to do this? i know you have mentioned it norm, but i dont recall sean saying anything, and this is more to sate my own personal curiousity than for any other reason.

i will post again after hearing the end if i have anything else come to mind.

i dont recall sean saying anything
Which is a first :) I'm not known for shutting up much. I record audiobooks in my home studio. It ain't glamorous, but it does give me a bit of elbow room during the day. Of course, that means I get to watch one less episode of Crazy Ex Girlfriend at night, but it's worth it...

3. what do you guys do that your free during the day to do this? i know you have mentioned it norm, but i dont recall sean saying anything, and this is more to sate my own personal curiousity than for any other reason.

I work from home. I work in software/product development/implementation and my clients are literally all over the country (Delaware, Minnesota, Seattle, St. Louis, North Carolina, Texas) and I have a wildly sporadic schedule. I often work super early and super late. Last night I was working until past 10:00. My boss knows I bow out to ride, or do whatever, because we get slammed with shit all the time. I am actually sitting at his kitchen table right now, waiting for him to come home. Just landed not too long ago and came straight here. We'll likely work late tonight on shit then have meetings with our new overlords tomorrow.

Plus I take calls to & from Sean's house.

Finished #22 today, looking forward to the next.

And yes! Interviews with the people I don't know!
Liked the ideas you were kicking around there.
Need to mix it up with fresh voices on the Norm & Sean show.

So I got up to the interview with David Lee Roth (very excite- saving for the drive home!)

But before these things fall out of my head...

@seanrunnette Pork bullet: one of the first meals I had in Paris was a charcuterie plate. Looked awesome. But wait now, what is this one?
Yup, pork tartare.
Think about that for a second.
I weighed things out and ate what I thought could only debilitate me for half the trip. Cautiously adventurous.

@Norm adult grilled cheese exists, and not just at our house on Monday nights. One of our local joints has a 3-cheese toasty. Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. Pair that with the mussels fra diavolo for dipping, and you're living large.
The dividing line is adult grilled cheeses are served on sour dough.
Oh f yeah.

And did anyone else catch that Sean is not afraid of heights?
I'll let this stand on its own.

@sean re: parquet floors-
No one knows it's not butter.

Back
Top Bottom