Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm actually contacted me to ask me if my comments were serious. They were not. I threw out generic comments before listening.

I liked this podcast, it kept my interest.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of signing up for Monkey Knife Fight. Luckily @Mitch will support me.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The only thing I don't like is the lack of signing up for Monkey Knife Fight. Luckily @Mitch will support me.
What about me.:rolleyes:

I texted Norm about MKF when I saw a notification there were like 4 spots left. I think he should still join and we can feed him aid station pocket snacks. Will @Mitch ride his singlespeed slow enough to hang together?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I texted Norm about MKF when I saw a notification there were like 4 spots left. I think he should still join and we can feed him aid station pocket snacks. Will @Mitch ride his singlespeed slow enough to hang together?

It was 2 spots and there were 3 of us.

#firstWorldMathProblems

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Judging by my failed attempt to keep up with him last year at HoH? No.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not even sure they have bib #s.

Show up. Ride. Bring your own snacks. Donate $10 to cancer and feel OK about yourself.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Judging by my failed attempt to keep up with him last year at HoH? No.
That was old Mitch, Older Mitch is slower. We can Attempt to ride together and then you guys can drop me when you need too... I heard there will be beer???

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll be volunteering... for a small fee i can hang on to your personal refreshments at the aid station.

ETA: i shouldn't multi task at work... i meant to say that if @Norm wants to ride even tho he couldn't sign up, then i can hold on to his stuff... for a fee... always for a fee... ;P

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Did you guys even...LISTEN...to the podcast?

Yes, yes I did. It covered me through 90% of my commute today. I enjoy the eclectic nature of these things... (especially sans cross). Did monster count as cross? Cuz I was unclear. It’s on dirt anyway, soooo. Wait was the Jalapeño visit talk cross? F#ck! I bet it is was. Bunch a Cross Ninja over there.

BTW, the blood test does NOT test for CTE. The headline was total click bait. It’s intended to indicate if a CAT scan is recommended for someone who’s had head trauma... recent trauma, like right afterwards...like when they’d send you for one anyway.

Keep’em coming... but forget the “on the rails” concept. Those core topics are gonna get old faster than an overripe Avocado.;)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If people were doing Monster Cross next year, I'd be in. I really disliked that park on a mountain bike, a February ride on a cross bike is probably fun there however. And there's tons of other things to do down there to make it a weekend or long weekend.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It happened again!
Episode 22 of MTBNJ's SPOKE-N-NERDS pahdcahst!
http://www.mtbnj.com/podcasts/?name=2018-03-16_mtbnj_episode_22.mp3

giphy (1).gif

w_b

Downloaded for Hot Pot. I like when, on the rare occasion I'm in the actual office, and I put it on low, then some no-talent ass clown walks in and thinks I'm on speakerphone.... so, yeah, go away asshat. Norm and Sean FTW!

Robin

Got through #21 this morning. Sad to hear you guys promoting Short Track...and knowing how it turned out. I actually was considering "racing" since many of our kids were going to be there. Oh - I will have to look into this book @seanrunnette speaks of about the use (and demise) of our natural resources. I felt like I was in my AP environmental science class with the discussion!

I started episode #22 on my way home - only got through 2/3 of it before arriving home. Yes, Cherry Blossom was my first and last crit. I was in crash #2 that day. Erin was in crash #3. I think there were something like 35 girls that started and only 15 finished. BTW, I'd much rather throw myself into a rock on a DH course anyday.

Again, funny hearing you talk about the Mayhem race - and last year being 80 degrees and this year possibly a foot of snow.

That is where I left off. To Be Continued...during my next commute...whenever that is.

Top Bottom