Spoke-N-Nerds Podcast Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
After listening I was curious about Sean’s “acting” history. I asked the google machine. Two things, Sean is more eclectic than I expected (in a good way) and this might be the first time someone’s height was underrepresented.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
After listening I was curious about Sean’s “acting” history. I asked the google machine. Two things, Sean is more eclectic than I expected (in a good way) and this might be the first time someone’s height was underrepresented.
You forget that @seanrunnette won Paris Roubaix that one year too
HAYMAN-Roubaix-3.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finished up in the ride home-
Good stuff.
Yes, do weekly if you can stand it.
I look forward to the winter shoe reviews.

@Norm- very much looking forward to MTBNJ takes Gotham, just bummed you are making me wait until October.
But that gives us time to plan- think about what you want to do.

I always like doing the full island loop, even though the west side north of 34th is just ass. The only thing going for it is being able to say you did it.

Magic always wants to loop the park because he likes dodging peds.
Lions always wants to go to queens, because Liong.

But anyway, we have time to work out the plan. It'll be fun any way we slice the apple.

And @TallGuy- I'll be there on the 13th too. If you don't see me, listen for the cowbell- it tolls for thee.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
October!? I like to go down to Battery, then up 8th or so to CP. East side SUCKS.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
October!? I like to go down to Battery, then up 8th or so to CP. East side SUCKS.
Upper East side I liked. I had the kom on the climb to st Nicholas earned it then was poached about a year and half ago. CP is only good between 5-7 am on a weekday. Weekends at that time are race days running and cycling.
I am down with city riding. One of my favorite times cycling. Many carrots to be had.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually Youngblood has it correct there- East side is the one that sucks. Was looking at my map upside down again.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It’s really just the Southern tip of CP that’s a mess of pedestrians, and that they allow cars on part of it. The rest is a bit far for walkers and quite nice. Weekdays FTW though. I never got tired of it. I sometimes went in just for 7-8 CP laps, then back out to GWB.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It’s really just the Southern tip of CP that’s a mess of pedestrians, and that they allow cars on part of it. The rest is a bit far for walkers and quite nice. Weekdays FTW though. I never got tired of it. I sometimes went in just for 7-8 CP laps, then back out to GWB.
I know.
You cray about that park.

Robin

Got through almost all of the podcast on my drive in this morning - got out of the car while the chatter of beer and MKF. Will finish on the way home.

Theater of Pain is a Motley Crue album - actually my first cassettes (along with Ratt Invasion of Your Privacy).

I really enjoyed hearing Jim's interview.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
count me among those popping up in the audience for @seanrunnette 's performance... i'm just trying to decide what to wear... sprinkles seems more appropriate for sean, but the orange and blue will pop more and be easier to see from the stage.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, so this happened.
Yup, another episode! It's long, it's unfocused, it's blissfully unaware of what you're screaming at it as you listen on your commute. It is, in short, an idiot. And it wants a hug!
C'mere, give yer Uncle Paulie a huggle-buggle!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, so this happened.
Yup, another episode! It's long, it's unfocused, it's blissfully unaware of what you're screaming at it as you listen on your commute. It is, in short, an idiot. And it wants a hug!
C'mere, give yer Uncle Paulie a huggle-buggle!

First of all, it's called "Supper" for a reason.

Second, although the concerns in professional MTB racing are probably warranted, I think you guys went a little too far. And I completely agree that pink can be a substitute for blue, but only if it's a lighter blue, definitely not navy blue or anything like that.

And isn't it a little early in the season to be thinking of grass clippings and lawn mowing? Although the point about sodium is a good one, I may do more experiments with that and sandwich bags.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t know what it says that we just recorded this yesterday and I have no idea what @Santapez is talking about in any of the 3 comments.
I'm with you.
He must be reviewing Angry Mountain Biker or something.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So thank you-
This kept me company in the car over the past couple days.
As always, I enjoyed being a fly on the wall.

Technical points:
Try to remain equidistant from the mikes. The first half hour I was cranking the volume to hear Sean, only to get memorex blown away by norm's response.
The second 3 hours this wasn't a problem.

And can you amp the overall volume somehow? I always seem to need to crank these to hear. Playing it through BT in the car, had the phone cranked to max and volume about 3x what I do to listen to music.

And if you could autotune the bits when Sean goes into character, that would be great.

Oh, and I'd pay money to hear Bollywood Sean narrate a book, where can I haz? Take my money!

I listened to most of it yesterday, so any real talking points have fallen out of my head, but I do enjoy the style.
Some bikes, some not bikes, but peeps we know chatting.

Of the tail end which is in the most recent memory banks, I enjoyed the global discussion.
Some really good points.
Norm's take on how arbitrary borders are (e.g. France and Spain, except Basquiat country, as noted by Tall Guy) what's the difference?

This calls to mind the natural twins experiment we have with NH and VT.
Same geography, same language, similar natural resources, two totally different outcomes.

That's all I got, except keep it up.

Top Bottom