Specialized Dropper Post $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
30.9 Command Post. Internal. 125mm travel. Race face trigger. New Fox cable and housing for install...

$100. PayPal.

20190213_081506.jpg20190213_081511.jpg

TimBay

Do you know the total length? My bike maxes at around 415mm from seat rails to bottle cage blockers at pedal height. I couldn't find this measurement on the Specialized site and from a brief scan of the manual.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If he takes the trigger for 100 can I have the rest for a dollar and a six pack?

does red bull come in 6 packs? (jim's alch free...)

i thought he wanted to part out the post, i'll take the seat clamp bolt.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have this post and it's the most reliable one I've ever had. 12 degrees, no care. Shit works like a charm.

TimBay

Dang. That plus the drop is 405, but then theres the collar and the lower part of the seat clamp. I have a feeling it'll be too long for me. Plus I'm on the fence about going internal since i'd have to take out the BB to get it through and I don't totally trust giant chat support that it'll work.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Dang. That plus the drop is 405, but then theres the collar and the lower part of the seat clamp. I have a feeling it'll be too long for me. Plus I'm on the fence about going internal since i'd have to take out the BB to get it through and I don't totally trust giant chat support that it'll work.

I know another way to get it done.
Drop bike off, come back later. Worth slight upcharge!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.

Between you and me, and whoever's reading this, if a 125mm dropper isn't short enough, you're on the wrong size bike.

TimBay

Between you and me, and whoever's reading this, if a 125mm dropper isn't short enough, you're on the wrong size bike.
Yeah. It's close at best. I'm 5'11 with short legs, so kind of on the cusp for my large. Looking back at my maze of measurements and mm conversions, I might remeasure as well, just to be sure.

Edit: re-measured. My issue is the max insertion for my bike is only 247mm. That, and my personal height. Womp womp. Thanks for measuring the bottom for me though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom