Sourlands Trail build session Sat 11/4

J-Dro

UPDATING THIS THREAD FOR THE TRAIL BUILD SESSION ON 11/4/17 @ 9am. WE WILL BE WORKING ON FINE TUNING THE NEW TRAIL UP ON THE RIDGE (CHUNKY MONKEY).

JORBA is hosting a work session to continue building the new trail off 3-Amigos this Saturday 6/3 starting at 9am. Bring work gloves, tools will be provided. We're getting close to finishing this puppy. Thanks.

Last edited:

blackburn1973

JORBA is hosting a work session to continue building the new trail off 3-Amigos this Saturday 6/3 starting at 9am. Bring work gloves, tools will be provided. We're getting close to finishing this puppy. Thanks.

Let me see if I can make it. Hopefully I can. This trail is becoming my White Whale.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i put it on the calendar - will see if i can make it as we get closer.

Robin

Got Clinic and NICA race stuff. But thanks so much and will look for the next TM

blackburn1973

Unfortunately, I'm now out. Now have friends coming into town and they're arriving right in the TM window. Next time. Good luck with continuing the build.

Patrick

Staff member
i feel like crap, and its raining. Bad combo -
if still on, i'll try to get there later on. Assuming the barometric pressure changes, and my head clears up.

rick81721

Lothar
Hey missed this - did you guys finish? Are those downed trees cleared yet? Will have to check out if we don't get any more rain

J-Dro

We made some major progress today through some of the toughest sections of rocks. Rain stopped right around 9am, so all the stars were aligned. Thanks to @snashters, @gmb3, and Rangers Dave & Chris.

All the trees are cut so you can ride the parts that are finished so far. The trail will benefit from being packed down, so go for it.

I'm thinking of naming this trail "Spartacus" since the tool has been essential in the construction of this trail.

IMG_20170603_115818709.jpg

Off The Road Again

Rode/ hiked-a-bike new trail today (RocaLoca?). Noted flags were at each end so tried riding from far entrance to fish head. Not quite opened yet, needs a lot of work. If there is a trail-build session I'm definitely down for that. Trail has potential for being hardest trail in NJ. Great rock-work so far. Looking forward to tackling this!

J-Dro

Rode/ hiked-a-bike new trail today (RocaLoca?). Noted flags were at each end so tried riding from far entrance to fish head. Not quite opened yet, needs a lot of work. If there is a trail-build session I'm definitely down for that. Trail has potential for being hardest trail in NJ. Great rock-work so far. Looking forward to tackling this!

The next session will be Sep 16. Hope you can make it.

J-Dro

Bumping this thread for the 9/16 trail build session. We should be able to finish the final middle section of the new trail and officially link both ends if we get enough helping hands. Let's do this!

Meeting up at 9am in the East Mountain Road lot. Thanks.

Patrick

Staff member
remember the east mt road is closed from amwell to mt view.
plan accordingly...

rick81721

Lothar
Bumping this thread for the 9/16 trail build session. We should be able to finish the final middle section of the new trail and officially link both ends if we get enough helping hands. Let's do this!

Meeting up at 9am in the East Mountain Road lot. Thanks.

Should be there

Off The Road Again

I'll be there. Spreading the word to friends of mine who ride there too - hopefully they can join and do some payback. Fun trail so far, hard as f**, but it'll get better as it wears in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions