Sourlands Mountain Preserve Conditions

VanDbtRiver

just got back from sourlands where I tried to meet up with the TM gang... ended up being a 2hr wild goose chase and didn't find anyone:mad: my bad, I think I covered every square inch of the place on foot nontheless. It is prime riding season at Sourlands for sure!

N

NJ-SOB

It's bone dry today. C'mon out.

should be fine. there's a TM going on today, maybe one of the guys will post up how it is later, but i would assume its in good shape. go got it.

Thanks for the conditions report guys. I went out last Wednesday and had a blast. This was one of my favorite trails when I used to live in Princeton. I now only get to ride it when visiting from NC. I'll be in town until the end of the week. Has anyone ridden Sourland since the rain? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow.

fasterthanliam

Thanks for the conditions report guys. I went out last Wednesday and had a blast. This was one of my favorite trails when I used to live in Princeton. I now only get to ride it when visiting from NC. I'll be in town until the end of the week. Has anyone ridden Sourland since the rain? I was thinking of riding there tomorrow.

Hiked it yesterday and it was pretty good. Should be fine for tomorrow. I will be there in afternoon . That will give it more time to dry out.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hiked it yesterday and it was pretty good. Should be fine for tomorrow. I will be there in afternoon . That will give it more time to dry out.

Wasn't sure you were still riding mt bikes. :D I need to get over there soon. Jonesing for some SL action. Tomorrow won't work.:(

fasterthanliam

his most consistent skill now is taking a dump every morning at 6:00. to bad he doesn't get out of bed until 7:00.:hmmm:

After telling me your secret(how you wish you were as fast as Slyman) I thought my secret was safe. By way was that your van I saw as I drove past the fairy forest today?:blah:

THATmanMANNY

Awesome! It's like a paved highway. The snow/ice makes it buttery smooth. There are only like 3 really icey parts where standing water is but you're able to ride all the features. I hit it at 2pm too when it was "warm" and did clockwise loop to Boulderama. Turned out to be a beautiful day! I brought a first timer friend there. He did really well too and said "the best place he's been". HOLLAatCHA boyz Jeff/Bobby!

It's very interesting riding with the light snow dusting because you can tell the different ways people are taking.

GO RIDE!

J-Dro

Yep we were there from 8:30 til noon today. Superb conditions right now. Most likely I'm heading back on Sunday if anyone needs a tour.

VanDbtRiver

Took a hike this afternoon. Conditions ranged from super muddy to perfect (three amigos). A beautiful day today and I look forward to getting back there soon. I did see that some jackass vandalized the huge "table rock" in the middle of roaring brook with pink spray paint... a heart breaker indeed. Maybe there is a safe way to remove this during the next TM.

J-Dro

Took a hike this afternoon. Conditions ranged from super muddy to perfect (three amigos). A beautiful day today and I look forward to getting back there soon. I did see that some jackass vandalized the huge "table rock" in the middle of roaring brook with pink spray paint... a heart breaker indeed. Maybe there is a safe way to remove this during the next TM.

This morning everything was frozen and firm.... perfect conditions. About 11:30 things started to get soft. Sunday should be just about the same so get out there early if you want to ride.

I'll mention the spray paint to the Parks Dept and get things rolling to get it removed. Thanks for reporting Mike.

Dwil

rode on one of the warm days last week and left with 10lbs of mud on the bike and myself. Weather was nice but I'd rather ride in zub-freezing until spring

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
on the rock type at the sourlands a wire brush or grill brush will work wonders. and no chemicals.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions